"Cuelo" and "Move your body"- some one clear this up!

BlackSox

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
J/W why these two beats are basically the exact same, and both are extreamly popular. WTF happend?

Thanks!

Black

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
basically all i can think of is that a producer got rich off of selling the same beat to 2 different people...and 1 of the parties didnt care if the beat was already used....

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
yah, MTV actually covered this as a "phenomenon" ... basically what Freak said, produucers are selling the beats to multiple artists, and they blow the fuck up in the clubs

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
DJ Hoppa said:
yah, MTV actually covered this as a "phenomenon" ... basically what Freak said, produucers are selling the beats to multiple artists, and they blow the fuck up in the clubs
Sorry, but even tho whoever tha producer is - is makin mad dough from all a this(more power to em'), somethin about that is pretty dam gay.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
also elephant man has that same beat to in juke gurl, they do get ya body moving tho, but this did happen a while ago, with saun paul, and two other people that had the same beat

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
its like a tradition with reggae dancehall music.a producer will make a new "riddim" then he will go out and get several reggae artists which they call "deejays" to sing over them then release them as a set either on cd for sale or the "selectors" to play em.thats why u notice alot of reggae songs have the same beat with different artists.that riddim is called the "coolie dance" by the way and i think personally the sean paul on that was the best.

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
i guess a lot of the guys in here aren't familiar with the dancehall scnene DJDRAGN know what's up. Greensleeves is the number one Riddim Series. They release new riddims all time time and basically its a full cd, sometimes even 2 volumes of the same beat, just different dancehall artists do different songs to them. Coolie Dance was produced by Cordel "Scatta" Burrell

http://www.greensleeves.net/
http://www.riddimdriven.net/

those two companie are probably the 2 biggest that release riddim CD's.....Pretty much the world of dancehall revolves around those CD's, and im sure almost every popular dancehall track you've ever heard was from one of thses 2 companies on their CD's....

BlackSox

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
It's, it's, okay in my opinion to have similar sounding beats, ie, Smiles and SouthStar- "Whats Goin On" and Ja Rule/Ashanti's Grease Video thing. But the exact same beat? come on. smart producer though.

D-RICH

ill o.g.
qenetic|storm said:
in the world of dancehall... several artists using the same beat is... normal...

this is a big part of dancehall...its been done for years...it's all apart of DJing ...or what we may call MCing...all about how u ride the beat

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Dj dragn I'm glad u explained it rite. Cause I was about to. Dancehall reggae is real big in ny especialy Brooklyn where a lot of carribean people live. The way u play it is in a style called "juggling" where the "selector" plays like the 1st verse and hook or so and quickly switch to the next song of da "riddim"

The way dancehall is produced and looked @ is a total different thing then hip hop.

benny beatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
dancehall is ill... motherfuckaz go nuts on the mic sometimes... put so much energy into the raps... so many ill riddims too... yo deuce... dont just listen to the same riddim over and over... gotta vary shit...