Da Band- Hot Or Not

c-dub

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Da band is da garbage. You can replcae them wit any cats on the street and not miss a beat. No one stands out. They are all equally wack. If it wasn't for the tv show, they wouldn't be given a second thought. Sarah is bangin tho.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
I'd like to bang out Sara and make her hit some high notes. Then I'd kick her the fuck out of my apartment and work on a beat.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i wanna bang out fred... he works that thumb.... jus playin... they playin that shit right now on mtv2 like a muffuccin marathon or somethin... i got it on in the background... you right they could pretty much put any half way decent mug in there.... i seen worse though... it really goes to show what you can do if you have your business right (and resources) .... they doin somethin

C

Copenhagen

I thought my generation (I'm 25) watched a lot of TV, and that we were the MTV generation, but this this is thanks to the new MTV generation, a generation of teenagers who dedicate their lives to watching TV...who eat up these reality shows and "like, totally identify themselves" with one of the contestants and "just totally loves that show"...so even though the shit is crap, people still buy their crap and show a demand for their product because they love the show etc.
I least I would guess, luckily we are fortunate enough not to have Da Band here...we just have other crap...for the same reason, I put my TV in the closet...I'm done watching it for now.

P

pReMise

no, not at all, the show's drama is all they got goin for em....

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Man...those fools are so wack i dont even kno where to start....But what buggs me tha most is tha fact that they act like they deserve only tha green m&m's in their bowl along with theyre fresh spring water imported directly to tha studio or some shit!?....(jus making an example if i lost any of you)....Its like they dont ever really want to commit and act like fucking musicians and they got tha shit handed to them on tha fuckin silver platter!!....Oh well, its more like a soap to me....

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ayo da band is trash,except elliot ness,he's hot i heard some of his underground stuff before they ever strted da band tthing,try and get some of the solo tracks he got floating around since he's been on bad boy,the kids hot

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
Ness is wack!! lol....he has no personality at all, and his voice is horrible....His lyrics are nice but thats it. He's got a better career as a ghostwriter.

Personally I htink the group is shit. Sarah looks aight, but WTF is with those eyebrows?? She looks pissed off 24/7 cuz of them...lol

If I had to pick a favorite I'd pick Dylan....I like the reggae vibe he brings, but he's still pretty cocky, saying how he's the only one in the world who's got dancehall the way he does....

AmmoBeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
does anybody know how many units they sold....the only reason they 're making sells cuz of the show...i haven't heard the album but i think ness might be able to hold a solo career

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
Hey, I never heard of these guys until I Googled it after reading this (I don't watch TV or listen to the radio). I'm not playin when I say I'm a futuristic caveman. Well, I thought it was all dope when Elliot Ness rhymed Boy wit Boy wit Boy wit Boy wit Boy wit Boy wit Boy wit Boy. Damn, he sure can spit some fire!!!! Anyone count how many times they said Thug or Bad Boy in those songs? I couldn't keep up.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
lol, ness i sjust like every other cassidy/fabolous(is it spelled wrong on purpose?)/j hood/etc. mc.

he is just another rapper. i nver thought his lyrics were anything to boast of. he isnt deep. he isnt prolific. he doesnt make anyone think. and babs... minks, coupes, etc. WOW*im so impressed. i dont hear THAT everytime a clear channel station comes on. freddie? chopper? they are the same guy, really.

and whats with the costumes? chopper wears shirts that look like dresses. fred sucks his thumb ALL THE TIME.

at the end of the day, the music sucks but the show is entertaining for those same reasons... how ironic. ignorance=entertainment!

we all seem to know the show pretty well, evenr though we cant stand them!

its always nice to have an new, lame ass group to bash on, isnt it?

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
lol, ness i sjust like every other cassidy/fabolous(is it spelled wrong on purpose?)/j hood/etc. mc.
he is just another rapper. i nver thought his lyrics were anything to boast of. he isnt deep. he isnt prolific. he doesnt make anyone think. and babs... minks, coupes, etc. WOW*im so impressed. i dont hear THAT everytime a clear channel station comes on. freddie? chopper? they are the same guy, really.
and whats with the costumes? chopper wears shirts that look like dresses. fred sucks his thumb ALL THE TIME.
at the end of the day, the music sucks but the show is entertaining for those same reasons... how ironic. ignorance=entertainment!
we all seem to know the show pretty well, evenr though we cant stand them!
its always nice to have an new, lame ass group to bash on, isnt it?

Wow, I'm totally out of it, I don't know a single person you just named. Clear Channel is just another part of our modern day Big Brother, entertainment for the masses. I don't think it is so ironic, mass entertainment has almost always been in the form of ignorance, cuz the masses usually are ignorant. Television = The New Opiate of the Masses. Good call Truth...

H

Holla

I enjoy the show, but as far as the music, not really feelin "Da Band". I think its just the fact that we watched everything they do and it doesnt seem like they do that much, and that makes me not appreciate their music. Seems as tho they dont appreciate their opportunity or music to the full potential, so I dont either. overall, they dont seem that hot. I dont know, maybe it would have been different if they weren't exposed so much, like not have a documented series.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
The show has drama, but the group an the music is wic wic wack. Who can't do what they're doing giving the same circumstances? They need ghost writers bad.

jwalk

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i bet any of yall would rap or do beats on there album if you were asked its not about who is nice or not its about marketing advertising doing shows in other words its all about the $$$

members online