Damn I Lost My Beats ,most Of Them!

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
sup ill peeps i recently got a bad virus on my comp and hade to delete my hardrive and all that shit and i lost alot of my work so just a message for anyone who doesnot BACKUP your files now is your chance dont be a dum fuck like me , i almost wanted to cry when this shit happend lol.I did get one good thing out of this,now my library is kinda empty so i am mad focused and have alot of work to do i gotta re-.up. SO FOR THOSE WHO DONT-BACKUP DEM FILES!!!!!!!!!!!! PEACE

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
same thing happening to me, except my friend did it by accident, i was furious for about a week

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
Here is something you can’t understand
How I could just kill a man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
That sux Ken.....Ive seen this happen so many times here now tho, including to myself in the past.....Your right - the ABSOLUTE BEST THING u can do if yer making music on yer computer is to back that shit up!!! - At least once every couple weeks.....I jus copped a DVD Burner finally so can back up everything in one batch - Its worth the scratch man, trust me.....Id highly reccomend copping one of those suckers!

Sorry about that man, its like loosing a life kinda - shits not replaceable....but there is a bright side - now u got a fresh start and u can replace those songs with new songs that are even better!

STEEZ

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
damn son..that sux fo real..that happen to me last summer..i wanted to fuckin dig a hole outside and bury myself..I feel ya but at least starting new may be good for u na mean..startin fresh aint always a bad thing feel me

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
Yes, back ya stuff up every chance you get. I just had to redo my computer and them backup disk I made a few days earlier definately came in handy.

-Roy

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
no doubt good looks peeps lol FURIOZ i dug the whole but could not jump in. well hopefully this will prevent it from happening to others and definetly i will back up every last snare from now on bottom line is....not backing up ya shit is like fucking around the way chicks wit no body bag those lil pigs

P

Pinnacle

I alway keep a hard copy (CD) of my Drive and samples at all times. Take it from me, Treat your work like a rare peice of art, cause at the end of the day, thats exactly what it is. Think of it as your audible time capsule that lives on even after you meet your demise.

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
K.C said:
ALWAYS install your O/S on anorther HardDrive !!!!

that actually wouldnt make a difference in case of a virus. if it in you screwed. best is have hardcopies on cd or dvd and regularlly update your os and antivirus. But for managing your stuff, your right, keeping things seperate is always prefered.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
I lost all my sonar audio files WHILE TRYING TO BACK THEM UP!!! I was sitting there with the gun barrel in my mouth and them realized, "Hey, its not that bad." So i uncocked the desi and started fresh with a new outlook on shit.

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm off to put everything on DVD now!!!

I've heard so many people say the've lost theier work so I keep meaning to back up my sample library and project files onto DVD but never get round to it.....All I have at the moment is one floppy disk with 8 or so Cubase SX files.
Now...if I could find those DVD-Rs I'd feel safe...

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
And to those of you who may have experienced the same problems as Ken and others here - if you dont have any adaquet security prgms running on yer computer cuz yer always poor like my white bum, then u should def peep some free virus scanning/self updating prgms to get u started and keep u safe, or at least safer than before.

Right now im running 2 simotaneously - One is BitDefender - pretty good GUI and free of course, then i have a prgm called AVG Virus Center....this is free as well......Do a google for both and yer good to go....i think the AVG may have u register first to use their product, but its worth it.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
That's bad, real bad... I'm glad I read this thread... I'ma do my backup as soon as I get back home!
It happened to me once, but it was a long time ago, when I started... I got mad, even if my beats weren't A1... but if it happened to me NOW! .............

C

Copenhagen

A thread like this appears every second month or so on here...

Buy an external drive for back-up in case your stuff is deleted, and get a real good virus program to protect your stuff.
Even better, get a new computer and use your old one for internet and shit, and your new one for beats only, but still, remember to back-up.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
LOL a thread like this appears every second month. Hum... who's going to be the next...!

Kenwoop, man, it is your second chance to be born again musically. Man, its almost like a part of you just died. Next time, do what you have to do so it wont happen again.. and i hope this terrible incident will help you to make more beat again. Dont give up.

C

Chi City

THis is a good post for people like me who procrastinaten on shit. I've been saying im gonna back my shit up for like 3 months and after reading this thread i finally did it. thanks for tha wake up call ken.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
how are them usb hard drives? cause they mad cheap right now... are they pretty reliable as far as not gonna crash and loose your shit? and for those dvd burners dont they hold like 4 gigs of data? cause i need to get something soon as well......