De La Hoya/mayweather!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
damn...well now me saying mayweather will make me seem like a band wagon jumper but i was with dude from the start.

plus i personally know him.
i came from kalamazoo(michigan) and he lived in grand rappids(michigan)
went to school with his neice and he would come pick her up.

And that makes you best friends and he taught you evrything he knows... :D

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I didnt see the fight, but if Mayweather won he had to do something right. From reading some of the previous post you would think he didnt throw any punches. How did he end up winning?

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
Mayweather did what he had to do to win the fight........and NOTHING more. I think De La Hoya got more respect in the loss then Floyd did w/ the victory. And I always believe that you have to do something extra to take the belt away from the champ. And let's not forget...Mayweather came up in weight to challenge De La Hoya for HIS title. So although I have no problem w/ the judges and they're scoring, I do have a problem w/ Mayweather's performance.

Now, if you want to see the exact opposite of this long relatively boring fight....catch Cotto vs. Judah on Saturday June 9th. I guarantee someone w/ get knocked out. And my prediction is Judah will either get knocked out or quit by the 9th round.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I think De La Hoya got more respect in the loss then Floyd did w/ the victory.

THANKS!

You said what I was trying to say in one sentence. That is exactly what I am going to say at work over and over again while all my other co-workers debat it for the next three hours.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
^^lol....anytime. But it's a true story. It's crazy because if I'm not mistaken, it was Mayweather who said that the UFC is just a fad and it will never be as popular as boxing. Yet it's fighters like him and performances like his on Saturday that are the main reasons why boxing is on it's way down. We need more Warriors in the sport that refuse to put the fight in the hands of the judges. That was (numbers wise) the biggest fight in the history of the sport. How can Mayweather go out there and do what he did (or didn't do). Especially challenging for De La Hoya's belt, while carrying his "pound for pound" title. Floyd fans should fall back cause he wasn't in the least bit impressive.

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I don't really follow Boxing in the US but I had to download this after all the hype.

Hoya had the hart and Mayweather had the mouth and speed. If it was toe to toe Hoya would have had him, Mayweather throws a punch then runs away. If only he kept on with that jab and kept Mayweather on the ropes so he cant run away.

De La Hoya is a Boxers Boxer if you know what I mean.

NW

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
What kills me is that Floyd said it was gonna bea massacre anhe didnt do shit,,,"punch and move". I used to love Mayweather, but since he started openinhis yapper,,,I can't stand him. Still a good boxer. Good. Oscar is my man, me and him won alot of money together. And Oscar SHOULD of kept jabbn because I think once he loosened up Mayweather's face, oe of those classic e La Hoys flurries would have pummeled him. Boxing fans can agree on that. But, it is what it is. Classic Floyd, defense, attack, move,,,

members online