Death of Sampling=Watering down of hiphop

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Co-Fucking-Sign. The dude is a joke.

Anyway, back on topic. I would hate to see sampling soak out of hip hop. Hip Hop was built on sampling and should continue to grow through sampling. Much like humans, if you take away the heart, you're fucked.

Hip Hop will never die.....it's just evolving....not unlike "humans" or everything else on the planet. Yes Hip Hop music was built on sampling but it doesn't mean it's dead or dying because sampling in it's rawest form is becoming a thing of the past.

Peoples houses used to reside on dirt or wooden floors. Now they sit on concrete slabs, doesn't make it less of a house, it actually makes it a "better" house with a stronger foundation. U gotta think positive man. The hip hop boat is still a float!

Cell 2Dee

Bloody Fingers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
Hip Hop will never die.....it's just evolving....not unlike "humans" or everything else on the planet. Yes Hip Hop music was built on sampling but it doesn't mean it's dead or dying because sampling in it's rawest form is becoming a thing of the past.

Peoples houses used to reside on dirt or wooden floors. Now they sit on concrete slabs, doesn't make it less of a house, it actually makes it a "better" house with a stronger foundation. U gotta think positive man. The hip hop boat is still a float!

Good perspective, but I don't think the new wave of "one hand hip hop" has made it better, for many people it's ruined the excitement of waiting for a dope album to drop. It's perhaps evolved too well, and has spread over into the world of pop which has taken it over.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
heres a BIG FUCK YOU to those people up on capital hill. fuck what you heard imma sample till i choose not to make music anymore. taking sampling away is like taking the soul out of Hip Hop. better yet it IS taking the soul outta Hip Hop.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
samples and synths mixed is the way to go...chopping about 2 secs worth, loop it to create some kind of sound...add and layer synth sounds to make it all come together and make sense.
thats how i roll...keeps people thats tryin to hear the sample off balance.

da relic

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
heres a BIG FUCK YOU to those people up on capital hill. fuck what you heard imma sample till i choose not to make music anymore. taking sampling away is like taking the soul out of Hip Hop. better yet it IS taking the soul outta Hip Hop.
SOUL can be created in making hip hop music. SOUL is a feel...a persons drums can have SOUL just from the way the drums may swing. SOUL comes from within. One can copmose a track and incorporate all the SOUL needed for the track to be felt....just saying. I still feel that sampling is a very impotant part in hip hop as well as a Korg triton.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
i think i have some "sole"... i think i have 2 of them.

and for those who dont know what copmose is... here ya go...lol

http://www.google.com/search?q=copm...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

da relic

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Free rintgones for sprint: copmose polyphonic ringtones
copmose polyphonic ringtones. compar ecell phones composed fere nokia ringtones cell phone providers cell phone accessories company logo quiz concert ...
r0ff-free-rintgones-for-sprint-k1qs.blogspot.com/2008/08/copmose-polyphonic-ringtones.html -

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I knew my tracks were missing something! I gotta get the copmose jumping off in my next master piece........... It's a distant relative of COMPOST......I hear it's "the shit". LMBAO

also known as brown manure, is the aerobically decomposed remnants of organic matter.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
im the type that HATES the fact that a company like "SONY" can just sit back and just go after u with their billion dollar budget

What if they sign you with that billion dollar budget? Then it's OK? You might even have the budget to do a couple proper sample clearances.

In all honesty, Slik, I get your point and I'm with you guys on this. Hip-hop's not going to die, just like LDB said - it's gonna evolve... to what? I don't know, but from what I'm hearing these days... some of it str8 garbage.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
SOUL can be created in making hip hop music. SOUL is a feel...a persons drums can have SOUL just from the way the drums may swing. SOUL comes from within. One can copmose a track and incorporate all the SOUL needed for the track to be felt....just saying. I still feel that sampling is a very impotant part in hip hop as well as a Korg triton.
your 100% right I definitly cant disagree with you. You said exactly what I was thinking i just didnt present it that way.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
What if they sign you with that billion dollar budget? Then it's OK? You might even have the budget to do a couple proper sample clearances.

In all honesty, Slik, I get your point and I'm with you guys on this. Hip-hop's not going to die, just like LDB said - it's gonna evolve... to what? I don't know, but from what I'm hearing these days... some of it str8 garbage.

I'd like to point out that with the way the net is now adays that even without a label we can pretty much do what we want. We dont have to get paid at all in fact. The way the labels screw an artist now why bother? Your not gonna get paid really anyway .. And certainly not to be original.
Therefore although highly unlikely it is still possible for me to use whatever sample I want , get a million + spins on some internet radio station become a hit sensation on the net and never ask for a penny thereby creating a classic jam that no one can touch me for because Im not profiting at all from it..Just did it because I love hiphop... lol.. So there.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
i'm not really worried, theres so much sample based stuff still around, sampling techniques are getting better and better and i dont care if chart tracks have samples in them, as long as they make the ladies move. and premo still does the sickest beats.

but maybe a few words about that billion dollar budget music industry: fuck them. they behave as if they own the music. they dont, they only hold the legal rights.
every baker has to craft each bread to sell it, every hair dresser to work for each hair cut. every true musician burns out himself to come up with a good album.
but those scums make a record one time and duplicate it by the millions. then they start whining, when people dont value that work, which is quite understandable, because most of the time its not only dishonest but bullshit records with phony artists.
that amy whinehouse chic is real and - surprise - she sold really great. but im going off topic here.

so if they supported me with their billion dollar budget, fine, i'd use it and clear samples (very likely within the same fucking company, bc there are only three of them left).
but even if they did, i'd hope internet piracy sucks the industry dry, until that monster eventually drops dead and music can be free again.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Again, I'm talking about recognizable samples from songs, not a shitty snare or a kick drum you took from a Parliament song.

I'd like to point out that with the way the net is now adays that even without a label we can pretty much do what we want. We dont have to get paid at all in fact. The way the labels screw an artist now why bother? Your not gonna get paid really anyway .. And certainly not to be original.
Therefore although highly unlikely it is still possible for me to use whatever sample I want , get a million + spins on some internet radio station become a hit sensation on the net and never ask for a penny thereby creating a classic jam that no one can touch me for because Im not profiting at all from it..Just did it because I love hiphop... lol.. So there.

Okay, but if you were making a living off music - wouldn't you want to get paid. As an owner of a song that you wrote - and someone else obviously samples it and makes a lot of money - don't you think you're entitled to a percentage, since the song is based off a melody YOU wrote and was sampled.

It's just your talent makin' money for you - nothing wrong with that. I think you've just resigned yourself to a "fuck the industry" attitude - which is fine - but if you were making bread off this shit, you would be speaking differently about it.

but maybe a few words about that billion dollar budget music industry: fuck them. they behave as if they own the music. they dont, they only hold the legal rights.

Owning the legal rights IS owning the music, dude. Again, if you created a song that you have rights to, and some cat loops your instrumental and makes millions of off it, and a lawyer comes up to you and says "yo, we can get you at least six figures for this infraction" - would you go for it? I mean, that's YOUR music that was used.

That's the crux of it. But from a hiphophead standpoint - what's the point of hiphop without sampling - that's what makes it cool.

Fuck it - I'm going home early.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i understand the melody part... no prob with that... thats the main reason we should chop n filter more... to avoid those court dates and legal fees... i dont care about the essence of the old song bein sampled anymore... let it keep that... i just want what the combination of instruments bring to the sample... thats just as Hip Hop as the loop itself!!! i feel noone should be taken to court for a beat that sounds totally different from the original, even though they used portions of the record to compose a new beat... i think ultimately, if im gonna sample the way that i sample, im gonna hafta just keep my mouth shut...lol... dont ask me where it's from, bcuz i'll never tell... i'll do a few youtube vids here and there, but i'll be DAMNED if i put my whole library up there.

da relic

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
just keep my mouth shut...lol... dont ask me where it's from, bcuz i'll never tell... i'll do a few youtube vids here and there, but i'll be DAMNED if i put my whole library up there.

da relic

That's nothing some sewing needles under your finger nails, a cigarette lighter with you duck taped to and sitting with that RS in the crack of your ass ( pluged in with water dripping on it ) won't take care of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'LL MAKE U TALK SON...I'LL MAKE U SPEAK IN TONGUES