Death Sentence

T

The Bastard

Rhythmikal said:
if he carried on doing what he was doing then the answer to this question would be plenty.
so lets say i killed your whole family, while im on death row if i decide to turn a new leaf and start writing childrens books about why violence is bad, in your eyes would you want me to live?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I just wanted to play devils advocate, i dont particularly believe that by writing childrens books that hes not a killer, or at least was a killer....but from the perspective of what the jail system is really supposed to be for, isnt what has been decided in regards to tookie kind of a little late?.....I mean, if they were gonna put this dude to death, they should have done it 20 years ago instead of letting him become a new person and then killing his ass.....Just seems like whats the point then?.....

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
DueceMade Ent. said:
I just wanted to play devils advocate, i dont particularly believe that by writing childrens books that hes not a killer, or at least was a killer....but from the perspective of what the jail system is really supposed to be for, isnt what has been decided in regards to tookie kind of a little late?.....I mean, if they were gonna put this dude to death, they should have done it 20 years ago instead of letting him become a new person and then killing his ass.....Just seems like whats the point then?.....

very good point! the prison system isn't rehibilatating anyone.. it's just being used to deal with problems and to make point's with.

T

The Bastard

because part of the punishment is rotting away in jail cell knowing that every day that goes by is just another day closer to the day your going to be killed, shits cruel, i say kill him right after the sentence too.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
they let the press in to watch these things? WTF!!!

they have to have at least 50 witnesses just to make sure that it wasnt cruel (if you can believe that). and theres no way in hell they are gonna let civilians be a part of that group. I believe the condemned gets to pick who he wants from the press.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
i believe death is anotha path we all must take but Tookie has taken that path early. i wonder if the crips will die down after they find out the founder is dead....................

Fade or Stress ya'll can close this if u like

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
The Bastard said:
because part of the punishment is rotting away in jail cell knowing that every day that goes by is just another day closer to the day your going to be killed, shits cruel, i say kill him right after the sentence too.

Damn...that's a little aggresive no? Look, he was obviously wrong in his actions and deserved life in prison. I personally feel only God should decide who lives or dies. Now assuming it's true that he "played god" and committed those murders, it still doesn't correct anything for the government to decide themselves to play God and take his life.
And the way the prison system is...trust me when I say that life in prison is probably more punishment than execution anyway.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Benny BuKu said:
Damn...that's a little aggresive no? Look, he was obviously wrong in his actions and deserved life in prison. I personally feel only God should decide who lives or dies. Now assuming it's true that he "played god" and committed those murders, it still doesn't correct anything for the government to decide themselves to play God and take his life.
And the way the prison system is...trust me when I say that life in prison is probably more punishment than execution anyway.

i agree with dis i dont think the law should be allowed to murder people.

correct me if im wrong but arent most the US states against the death penalty and dont use it? surely this shows its not right. or is the death penalty used in the states with the most violent crime?

sAfE.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
these arostricatic rulers need to be corected
jallday said:
He Just Should Do Life

i don't know if this has already been sadi but i seen a partial news article on tv about this an think he's already excuted. this is a fine example of the prison system being used to make political points. it's time we stood up not to defend tookie but our own fucking country, America is supposed to be great because it's ruled by the people, so let's do our fucking job!

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
classic said:
All the folks against the death penetalty would be singing a differnt tune if it was their folk who got killed

ddeath penalty's good because humanity shouldn't support murders that are sick. And i'm not talking about us killing people in self defence. i'm talkin about the sick blood thursty bitches with the desire of adrenilin to fuck shit up from their parent's whaoo's

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
classic said:
All the folks against the death penetalty would be singing a differnt tune if it was their folk who got killed

I don't disagree w/ you...but it doesn't make it right...that's my only point. I respect either view in this debate...this is one of those convos where I aint mad if you disagree...just sayin...I don't think ANYONE including our government should decide who lives and dies....that's all....I'm done on this one...
EASY

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
is 30 years in a 5' by 5' cell not enough? thats pretty much a life for a life anyway.

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
they dont kill folks off right away because theres a chance they were wrongly accused of the crime. DNA evidence & forensics used years later in some cases have helped overturn death sentences that folks otherwise wouldve thought was an open and shut case. The thing that is interesting about this case was Tookie had a better chance at being spared if he would admit his guilt to the crimes, but he refused. He prefered to die pleading innocent than to live admitting guilt. As for the death penalty itself, most of the industrialized world have banned it so the "if it were your family" logic isnt going to change many folks minds.

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
classic said:
I wouldnt class, what would that do it wouldnt bring my family back, and yes, I have experienced that before but from my experience revenge begets revenge. he founded the crips, yes, but he spent the rest of his life on anti-gang campaigns trying to reverse what he had done. There is no man on earth regardless of what he loss that is righteous enough to judge whether or not a man should die. He did everything a man in a box could do to right his wrongs and your telling me that the only thing he really could have done to right to his wrongs is die? then why do we even have correctional facilities nobody's gettin corrected all they do is kill niggas and make worser criminals. Not to mention they had a witness for tookie that didnt even get to give testimony, it isnt supposed to be "prove you didnt do it", its supposed to be "we'll prove you did" guilty until proven innocent. this was a life everything else aside if there was even the smallest amount of doubt that he did it he shouldnt have been executed bottom line. those families youre talking could be seeking revenge from the wrong place, but it was easier to just kill him than to prove without a shadow of a doubt he did it I guess

T

The Bastard

Craig Gantt said:
I wouldnt class, what would that do it wouldnt bring my family back, and yes, I have experienced that before but from my experience revenge begets revenge. he founded the crips, yes, but he spent the rest of his life on anti-gang campaigns trying to reverse what he had done. There is no man on earth regardless of what he loss that is righteous enough to judge whether or not a man should die. He did everything a man in a box could do to right his wrongs and your telling me that the only thing he really could have done to right to his wrongs is die? then why do we even have correctional facilities nobody's gettin corrected all they do is kill niggas and make worser criminals. Not to mention they had a witness for tookie that didnt even get to give testimony, it isnt supposed to be "prove you didnt do it", its supposed to be "we'll prove you did" guilty until proven innocent. this was a life everything else aside if there was even the smallest amount of doubt that he did it he shouldnt have been executed bottom line. those families youre talking could be seeking revenge from the wrong place, but it was easier to just kill him than to prove without a shadow of a doubt he did it I guess
well.... ur a much bigger man than me then, cuz i wouldnt be able to sleep at night knowing the dood that killed my family was alive

members online