December 19th - December 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Hey man just trying is whats fresh, besides it's more about progress than anything else and I'm seeing your progress. Thats whats good.

Im gonna jump on this sometime today. Due to my lack of time, it won't be Beat This or Battle That material but I'll try another direction with it.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
@Relic - Once you get into them they get easy (well for me anyway). Remember, it's not a contest so just have fun with it...lol.

@420 - I like the chops, I like the arrangements, I like the structure...the drums aren't bad but could use some coomplexity, it would make a world of difference in your song. I know this is not your steez but you're doing a great job and like I said earlier, you're showing great progress...keep flipping and experimenting. Good Job!

Heres mine... Back

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
zubair - not bad at all for a first try...I really like your vision on this. It could use a little cleaning up but the way you chopped the music and vocals was damn good! 2 things...

1. work on your alignment/timing of your musical and vocal samples. You want them to be right on point and seamless.

2. work on your song structure...start with your intro (with or w/o vocals about 8 bars in length), body of your beat (leave room for a rapper, very little or no vocals, about 12 bars in length), then your chorus (with or w/o vocals, but definitely change your beat up, about 8 bars long), then go back to the body for a rapper (I usually leave room for 8 bars this time as to not be repetitive), then your outro (with or w/o vocals for another 4-6 bars). Of course this isn't a true song structure but it's enough to give everybody an idea of what you're doing with the song and it should end up very close to being about 2 minutes long.

Here's my flip of the same song BEAT, check out the structure as a reference.

Very good job though. Keep at it.

zubair

ill o.g.
@ dacalion - thanks for the feedback, really helpful, i didnt really think of the structure of the song so will revisit that to sort it out. just wanted to try and keep the energy up throughout the song.

i noticed its quite difficult to produce a song whilst thinking of how a rapper would fit in, cuz when a beat like that is posted, its sort of not as impactful when listened to...to counter this , do u guys ever mix an acapella onto your beats so people get the bigger picture ?

thanks again for the feedback

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Yeah, what Relic said...and, for a long time, I made beats that didn't really require a rapper but this cat named UNORTHODOX (who is a viscous rapper) told me that I needed to leave room (in a matter of words) for a rapper to express himself and that alone has helped me improve my game tremendously. I know what you're saying though...the idea is to give the rapper the dopest part of the beat itself, but don't overload yourself on that thought alone. Do your thing the way you feel comfortable, then it will all just fall into place. You're off to a great start, take one thing at a time and you'll get to a point where it will just come naturally.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
oh you will if you just hang in with it. Don't get discouraged, keep grinding, ASK QUESTIONS and be sure to check out what other producers are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.