December 28th - January 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
thats dope zubair, I even like the Common vocals on top of it. It sounded like you had some timing issues periodically, kinda like your beat and sample were at different tempo's. Whats your process of matching them up?

Everything else was good though. Damn good in my opinion!

zubair

ill o.g.
Yeh that was the thing I had trouble with, dragged the acapella into FL Studio, figured out the tempo then timestretched it the project tempo, then moved the vocals around , the second verse sounded quicker than the first, so wasn't really sure how I needed to sort that out :s

zubair

ill o.g.
I initially adjusted the whole sample via the time stretching facility. Then realize I wanted to chop it up, but when I went to edit the sample, it would only let me edit the original acapella from the step sequencer in Edison. I then restretched the acapella chops after they were edited ....

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Ok I understand, it's really hard to stretch an entire verse because the larger the sample, the more accurate you have to be when you match it to the beat. You did it the right way tho, you just weren't accurate enough on your stretch but thats ok, you will get it. Once again, great job on your flip. =)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
There are some really good videos on youtube and we have an FL Studio forum here that has some really good stuff in it. Check those out, I'm sure you'll find some very good info there.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
both flips were great, Padrino you definitely killed it...this was a tough beat to flip for sure. I'm looking for an easy one right now.

Good work to the both of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online