Def Jam Guilty of Fuard

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I just read in the XXL that Def Jam was found guilty of fuard and has to pay TVT records 132 million dollars in a settlement...Looks like TVT will be the new music power house Russel Simmions must be real glad he sold Def Jam to Universal

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
The courts told Universal label Island Def Jam to pay independent label TVT $132 million and that said the major acted illegally when they blocked the release of a Ja Rule album on TVT.

Ja was originally signed to the independent as part of Cash Money Click, but entered into a solo deal with Def Jam when a fellow CMC member was jailed and the project went on hold. TVT argued that when they released Ja Rule from his CMC contract the label reserved the right to release certain records involving Ja Rule, but when they tried to do so Def Jam unleashed a campaign to prevent the album's release. The courts sided with the independent saying the major was guilty of fraud, willful copyright infringement and wrongful interference with a contract.

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
$132 million -- wow!!! -- that's wassup

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah!!!! I'm glad the little guy finally got some pay back. The gov is always backing major big business because they both suck eachothers dicks. Now only if we can see this happen in other industries because there is alot of indies out there being punked.

D

drew_petti

hahahah

tvt is far from little. they are one of the largest independents.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Re: hahahah

Originally posted by drew_petti
tvt is far from little. they are one of the largest independents.

And thanks to Def Jam their going to be even larger.....I'm going to shop my shit there first..lol...