Demo CDs, A few questions ?

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Peace yall
Man i'm glad i crossed this thread because i'm in a similar situation as MarkN. I intend on puttin a beat sampler CD together, not really aiming for certain group of peoples (majors, locals, etc.). my intention is to creat a buzz from the ground up, it's only that in the city i'm in, er'body wants to be a gangsta and have all the hoes etc.etc. so the scene hear doesnt really line up with what i'm doing. there is a neighboring city where the hip hop scene is thriving and is more open. so i intend to jump out there like once a month to hit up there hip hop shows and hand'em out to artist out there. i've met a couple peeps from cali and Ny who have established themselves and have establish relationship with some major and major indie artist. i would basically be sending it out to artist who are interested and other in the business who are also interested in hearing my work and might be able to put it in the ears of some established artist (major/indie). so far i inted on puttin a beat sampler of 10 beats, 1:30 long, tagged. some nice but simple cover art work, contact info on the cover and CD. the idea of doing a remix album/mixtape was passed to me. i intend on doing that next, unless i can find some accapellas that line up with the beats i have thus far. but for the most part i think that'll be my next venture. any comments or recommendations on the planning i have lined up i'd greatfully appreciate it. i will have to return to this thread and read it more thouroughly later..i read thru some parts that caught my attention and responded all while tryin to get ready for work. Peace.

members online