Demo Help

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Check it, me n my man Grimm are puttin our demo together. Now I was told that it should have a good 3 of our best songs along with contact info, bio, and pics. I was wondering is this the way to go,,,also, should we shop the demo to labels or get a manager first with a reputable company? Anyone with any knowledge please drop a line,,,one!

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
Ive been told the same thing, but, someone told me that if you drop a demo somewhere, theres a big chance that the people will not listen to it. I heard also that it is good to have a lawyer in your back so he or she could conctact the label for you... Its kind of complicated because people dosent react the same way in a companie or another...im looking foward to see what people will tell you about this.

E

Equality 7-2521

Originally posted by Producer_GyaL
Ive been told the same thing, but, someone told me that if you drop a demo somewhere, theres a big chance that the people will not listen to it.

yeah but it cost shit all to burn a cd so its probably worth giving it to whoever isnt deaf.

i dont know too much about this either but also interested to see responses.

so far ive picked up that the two main things you do is copyright your shit and then send it to as many heads as possible.

C

Chaotic

First shop your demo to managers. You cant call def jux/jam yourself and get someone to listen to your shit. Besides the obvious reasons, most labels wont except solicited material for legal reasons. And before anything (and I mean anything) is signed, get yourself an ENTERTAINMENT lawyer (not your cousin whos a criminal lawyer).

READ UP ON THE BUSINESS END OF THE MUSIC INDUSTRY. Learn as much as you possibly can about the ins and outs of the industry. Everyone in the industry who is not an artist is trying to make as much money as possible for themselves by exploiting your talents. There are some good people out there, but there are also a lot of fake smiles and empty promises.