Denver Votes Weed Legal

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
http://www.denverpost.com/politics/ci_3173687

What's bullshit is that the residents of Denver have voted that weed be legal. Yet still, the police who is supposed to protect and serve the interest of the people. Will still file charges under state law.....

everyone knows we have the constitutional right to overthrow the government right?

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Weed, as well as every other drug should be legal. The purpose of government is to protect individual rights by the retaliatory use of physical force. When you take drugs, you aren't initiating force against anyone, so why the fuck should the government be able to initiated it against you? Because you're ruining your own health? In Oakland you can smoke a blunt in the street and the cops will not do anything. They decided that it's so prevalent that it's a waste of time to enforce it, and they'd rather focus on other things. One of the few positives of living in a crime ridden city.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
The government would never allow it because it would mean an overthrow on the market lol, everybody selling their stock for shares in weed hehehe. Besides, the only reason a government is concerned about drugs in their country is because it aint taxed. Considering the huge sum of money trafficing through drugs its a pain seeing much money is involved, going to non tax paying "criminals". In the netherlands we're almost as far as saying that shop owner aren't allowed anymore to buy their weed, but grow them their selves to ensure the quality is warented, if so by any whatever kind of judgement. This way the government sorta diminishes the drugdealing and close the back doors to coffeeshops. What they forget is that this way they're only legalizing the coffeeshops, the amount of coffeeshops in the netherlands does not equal to the amount of trusty local dealers or weedcabs. They taking lots of effort though http://www.nieuwsweert.nl/030805.html ( 12.188 plants in former well known studio hehe )

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Evetually it will become a constitutional issue and go before the Supreme Court. Once this Denver situation gets played out in other cities people will start to wonder realize what the goverment is doing and things should get fixed.
ManDAmyth said:
everyone knows we have the constitutional right to overthrow the government right?

ill o.g.
Formant024 said:
The government would never allow it because it would mean an overthrow on the market lol, everybody selling their stock for shares in weed hehehe. Besides, the only reason a government is concerned about drugs in their country is because it aint taxed. Considering the huge sum of money trafficing through drugs its a pain seeing much money is involved, going to non tax paying "criminals". In the netherlands we're almost as far as saying that shop owner aren't allowed anymore to buy their weed, but grow them their selves to ensure the quality is warented, if so by any whatever kind of judgement. This way the government sorta diminishes the drugdealing and close the back doors to coffeeshops. What they forget is that this way they're only legalizing the coffeeshops, the amount of coffeeshops in the netherlands does not equal to the amount of trusty local dealers or weedcabs. They taking lots of effort though http://www.nieuwsweert.nl/030805.html ( 12.188 plants in former well known studio hehe )

iagree. Once the govt finds a way tocontrol the marijuana industry, legality in the us is apossibility.

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
The U.S. federal government will never legalize drugs of any kind. This is how they develop and maintain the existence of an underclass to blame the troubles of society on. They give cocaine users (most likely at least middle to upper class) a break over crack users (most likely lower classes), even though crack has less of the drug in it. It sucks because drugs, just like prostitution, is a victimless crime, meaning that the person is really only hurting his/her self (disregarding family issues).

-Ctrl

T

The Bastard

i dont have kids yet but i have sense enough to know that i dont want my kid growin up in a place where every drug is legal, cmon guys,

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
I have to reword what I said previously, cigarettes and alcohol are legal drugs, we're just socialized to think they're not. Cigarettes are nearly impossible to quit and they <b>WILL</b> kill you. What's the difference? Education is the answer. Kids will do drugs even though they are illegal.

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
the happiest day of my life will be when I can walk down the street smoking a blunt and dont have to worry about getting busted

KNivez

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Ditto

M!nd_Ctrl said:
I have to reword what I said previously, cigarettes and alcohol are legal drugs, we're just socialized to think they're not. Cigarettes are nearly impossible to quit and they <b>WILL</b> kill you. What's the difference? Education is the answer. Kids will do drugs even though they are illegal.

U gotta point fam.

I mean liquor and ciggerettes actually can kill u,and with second hand smoking can kill others around u slowley but surely.

but the crazy thing about weed is that sienctist have yet to present a case were weed played an important factor of someone's death.

They try and make it into a dangerous drug by saying bullshit like "your reaction time will get cut in half!!!"So I get dizzy?big deal I can do that by spinnin around 8 times i'll be fine.

And if you do a search you'll find that marijuana is not only safe but it has been used in medical science,as an anestetic,treatment,and a practice among native cultures.

think about it,would u rather be driving behind someone who's drunk?or high on marijuanna?

and would you smoke a ciggerette which has been proven to kill u and people around u?or smoke weed that calms u down,has'nt been proven to cause LETHAL damage to yourself.

Here are some links on mary jane.
http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/legal_issues_of_drug_use/index.html
http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/marijuana/index.html
http://www.mpp.org/medicine.html *I strongley suggest you read this*

The choice is yours for you to believe in what you want,don't let the gonverment do it for you.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
RULE #1 IN LIFE - LEARN THE ORDER OF IMPORTANCE.
RULE #2 IN LIEE - LEARN WHERE YOU FALL IN AT IN THAT ORDER.
RULE #3 IN LIFE - LEARN HOW U CAN MOVE UP THE IN THAT LINE.

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
I used to do that shit back in the day out in NYC,,,you could walk past a cop in the village and they would just shake there heads,,,lol,,,damn,,good ol days,,lol

Ha! Man I live in san jose and if I did that hear the cops would beat u down (which has happened to me once before downtown here)....I had a cop take my weed once with no tickets nothing, said he was going to take it as evidence hmmm I wonder what he did with it haha

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
karlman said:
i just read that the netherlands plan to ban tourists from their coffeeshops.
they want to get rid of the (as they call it) "junkie-image".
later in that article it says that there are currently some tests running, wether cannabis is responsibly for the increasing number of psychopathies and it may well be that cannabis is classified a hard drug along with heroin and cocaine.
http://derstandard.at/?id=2229191 (german only)

i think thats an important point that no1 really picked up on, at the moment i know a lot of research is being done as to the long term effects of weed, a lot of people on here smoke it shit do it too, but i know a few people who have been doing it for 20 years or so all the time and they are totally fucked ! so i think it really is something that needs to be done at the moment every goes around like it wont touch you ! i think thats wrong and im interested to see the results of the research...

T

The Bastard

i dunno man , i dunno if any of yall had a family member or friend that was hooked o ndrugs be4, i think if u did u might change your mind, shit aint pretty theres kids dyin out here over oxys,heroin, coke, u name it, and i know those arent in the same class as weed, but weed leads to harder shit if u dont got that will ower. weed got me into pills, and lsd when i was in high school, thank god i had the right type of epeople around me /and will powerto keep me from gettin too deep. not to mention the countless number of kids that have died in my city over ocs.and the countless number of kids that roam the street strung out wit no jobs blowing their bullshit disabilty checks on a pill. i prolly sound like a herb but dont this country got enough problems already, what GOOD can legalizing weed possibly do?

p.s. im smoking weed right now