Diamond D jerked off some Germans ...

HaZwaiOh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just listened to some new German rap album. It´s a collaboration between the two "best" German rappers. (Doesn´t represent my opionion but who cares). One of the tracks is called "Sag Mir Wo Die Party Ist" Amazingly bad beat! The crew is called ASD and the beat was done by Diamond D!!!! I dream of the day when I can sell crap like that to stupid foreigners. If you have the chance to check out this track please do so!!!

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

I think I meant 'Donald D' who used to work with Ice T a long time ago.

What does 'ditc' mean?

Nick

C

Copenhagen

I'm sure he got paid...and that's probably all that was on his mind.
Apart from that, he probably thought people in Germany would give mad love to him not matter what the beat sounded like just because it was him and he was producing for some Germans...

Anyway, already said to much...haven't even heard the beat yet...for all I know I might love it :D

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Donald D from The Syndicate was dope as hell! He had some nice tracks, he sprayed me with champagne when I went to see Ice-T in '92.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
LOLLLLLLL
It's because of those idiots in europe who think that primo is still god and NY producers are the best. They think RZA, Diamond D, Primo, Pete Rock,... are still the kings. In France some primo copycats called Triptik did some tracks with even the same scratches that primo has....

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the whoel ASD Album is full of throw-away beats of US-Producers... I think they just bought 'em to be hip or something... But wait till you hear teh "worls according to RZA" there are some god collabos on there!

HaZwaiOh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i so agree with you guys. i give mad props to every "big" rapper, who also uses pushes unknown cats if their stuff is fresh. don´t ge me wrong, i don´t care about people glorifying their "underground" status if their beats are trash and sound like an old c64 game. quality will always get my quote!

C

Copenhagen

Sure there a lot of other producers - new ones also - who can crown themselves kings...but isn't Primo still God? All producers have bad days - incl. Primo - but the man has been producing for 2 decades and already paid his dues by far before many of us even turned teenagers. The man set a major trend and people are still trying to copy his style to this day, whether they be "idiotic" Europeans or Americans. Furthermore, east coast rappers and producers have still influenced Hip-Hop most, NY is still the 'mecca' where it all began. However, eventhough everything doesn't appeal to me - I welcome all styles.

HaZwaiOh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i love premo. this dude is a genius to me. i think premo and dj shadow are the ones that really established sampling and introduced it to "non-hiphoppers". Lots of my friends are not into hiphop and they consider sampling in hiphop to be some kind of method where you grab a nice meledy, add drums and call it your own. but when i played premo and shadow to them they all were like "wow, that´s an art and they are really making music".
i did not like the beat premier did for x zibit, but this guy has just dropped too many sick beats. I remember my dj and me spending nights just rapping over some if his productions, spinning stuff back and starting again. "Nas is like", OC - "My World", Rass Kass "Golden Child" - there are just too many to name. Before I really got into production I did not care much about the producers behind a track, but now I´m amazed to find out how many awesome beats Premo did. Just make it sound good and it´s all ok with me.
btw.: did anyone listen to that track?

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Nobody will ever top that album "moment of truth"

but those tracks back in 89 were pretty lame.
Nas like is just average shit ...
Tracks like full clip, above the clouds, moment of truth are the best hiphop tracks ever produced BUT I think times have changed and primo should retreat...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
but those tracks back in 89 were pretty lame.
Nas like is just average shit ...
Tracks like full clip, above the clouds, moment of truth are the best hiphop tracks ever produced BUT I think times have changed and primo should retreat...

that was a quote from helios.....

retreat? because "times have changed"? Primo occupies a niche; and while it would be nice to see if he is capable of going beyond his signature style, he should not do so simply on the merit of what "the times" have dictated to so many others out there. The Bottom Line: he will always be in demand, because he does bring a certain element that is lost now.

members online