Diana Ross must be broke!!!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
anyone else been hearing diana ross samples lately ?..in the past it has been impossible to clear her shit ... but she prolly gave clearances to collect some extra dough ... fantasias new shit(dont sleep its hot) has diana ross sample and swizz used the same one on the new 2pac and bone thugs record.. just an observation

Sonorous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
all them DUI and she was catch in the airport with an joint all them court fee must be catching up to her

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Really, I think it isn't her. Motown most likely own the rights to the masterd. Those samples from thier catolog cost a lot. I read an Article in Scratch about how much they charge $20,000 to 60,000 up front, plus a percentage of royalties that can range from 75% to 100%.

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
Really, I think it isn't her. Motown most likely own the rights to the masterd. Those samples from thier catolog cost a lot. I read an Article in Scratch about how much they charge $20,000 to 60,000 up front, plus a percentage of royalties that can range from 75% to 100%.

i believe in order to clear a sample properly you have to get permissdion from both the artist and the record company