Dick Walter & Eugene Cines - "Quiet Reflections"

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Let's do this flip and see what's what. ;) Flip this shit!

Download it in MP3:

You can use Peggo to download the YouTube video to MP3.

R-2690737-1362761678-1379.jpeg.jpg

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@BangersOnly I like this! Honestly, I think you can take that sample and do anything really. That's what so good about the sample. I think you should just keep the beat like that, maybe throw something on top like a vocal snippet from another source.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
DAMMIT @Fade! Another hard sample to flip

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
I'm gonna pass on this one. This one is too busy, so it's hard to narrow the flip down to a specific sound to flip, which is what I prefer doing when flipping samples

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Really? I thought this one would be easier for you guys.

Not for me, if you read my comment's on the Vision of Love flip, I said I don't like sampling the obvious parts of a song. I go for the shit that I know gets overlooked, and make it work. This sample has NO breakdowns at all or individual solos. I hate flipping shit like that

Not something too impressive but ;)

@BangersOnly You managed to pull it off! Nice work, man. I gotta be honest, I didn't know what was going on in the beginning, but then the beat came in and it suddenly made sense. I like the old school drum, you chopped the sample up nicely...that's whats up. I'm all about dicing up samples, especially ones that seem impossible like this one. Props for making it work!

@Fade My man! I happened to have this album chillin' on my hard drive...great minds and all that, though it never crossed my mind to sample this particular track. When I saw this challenge, I had to take it. The resulting product was decent.

Now, I know I'm committing an atrocity but I have to mix all my stuff through N-Tune Monsters. Studio monitors are on my Xmas list! I also filtered the hell out of the sample:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Philly Titan - Nice flip! Maybe try adding that beginning part on top of the main bars you got going on.

I hope you guys realize that you can throw other samples on top too. I mean, if you want to use just the song that we're flipping, that's fine, but I figured why not use some of that and some of something else? If you did though, I would say use MAINLY the song we're flipping. What do you guys think?

@Philly Titan - Nice flip! Maybe try adding that beginning part on top of the main bars you got going on.

I hope you guys realize that you can throw other samples on top too. I mean, if you want to use just the song that we're flipping, that's fine, but I figured why not use some of that and some of something else? If you did though, I would say use MAINLY the song we're flipping. What do you guys think?
@Fade Do you remember "Spontaneity" by Bahamadia (Beatminerz)? I was trying to go for that kind of structure, where the song is kinda divided by a drumless chorus. But its unorthodox and I can't think of another jam with that structure. Your right though, that beginning part might sound nice over the guitar loop at certain intervals, the flute at the very least. Thanks for the feedback!

I'm for using multiple samples. All you had to do was say the word...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Philly Titan Yeah for sure I remember that joint. Well this is the whole point of the sample flip, to try something new and see what comes out of it. If you want to use other samples too that's up to you, as I know it can be hard to flip just the one sample. I rarely use just one sample.

members online