Did anybody check the Grey Album?

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
In November of 1968 The Beatles released 'The White Album'....

In November of 2003 Jay-Z released 'The Black Album'....

Now, Producer and DJ - Danger Mouse, Presents....

' THE GREY ALBUM '

The Grey Album is an art project/experiment that uses the full vocal content of Jay-Z's Black Album recorded over new beats and production made using the Beatles White Album as the sole source material. Danger Mouse insists he can explain and prove that all the music on the Grey Album can be traced back to the White Album and its musical content via sampling. Every kick, snare, and chord is taken from the Beatles White Album and is in their original recording somwhere.

This Incredible re-interpretation will be one to look out for and will be made available through the internet and select record stores worldwide aroun Feb/March of 2004. The resulting record is a unique hybrid of work from one of hip-hop's fastest rising production stars via two of the most important musical and cultural forces ever.

In an incredible year, Danger Mouse has already received critical acclaim from his status as the Producer and DJ of the DM & Jemini duo. His work on their 'Ghetto Pop Life' debut showcased his enormous potential and 2004 will see Danger Mouse involved in several further projects.

Both the Beatles own remix project ('Let It Be... Naked') and Jay-Z's retirement Black Album are in stores now. At the time of writing, neither Jay-Z nor The Beatles were available for comment.

bron http://www.djdangermouse.com

I like the album (GPL) he did with Jemini but I havent checked this one yet, I havent checked Jay Z's black album cos I dont really care what Z does, even if he makes a leap back into the underground, the dude anoyes me hehe.

I think a skilled producer like dangermouse shouldnt waste his beats on remixing Z, cause since GPL he is more able to work with some skilled mcs/crews in hiphop and take advantage of that..

mod1

ILLMUZIK Bell-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I guess now i'm about to release the orange album,LOL.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
iVE NEVER HEARD ANYBoDY CALL HiM "Z" BEFoRE "JAY" "SHAWN" "HOV" MAYBE, BUT NEVER "Z".........THiS SoUNDS LiKE A CREATiVE ALBUM i WoULD CHECK THiS oUT.CiTY

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yea this sounds like a really sick concept

C

Crate Raider

interesting concept but these producers really gotta give up all these black album remixes....this definately has to be the most played out idea of the year... mean kev brown did it, 9th wonder is doing it, the Black Jays (Kardinal & Solitair) did it as well as many up and comming beatsmiths....

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
TRUE i WAS THiNKiN THE SAME EXACT THiNG, iNFACT MY LiTTLE BRoTHER APPRoACHED ME ABoUT THE iDEA, BUT i KNEW THERE WAS GOiN To BE AN oNSLAUGHT oN THiS AFTER 9TH'S SUCCESS WiTH GoD'S STEPSoN.ESPECiALLY GiVEN THE HYPE ARoUND THiS ALBUM. iVE GoT MY EYES ON SoME oTHER METHoDS oF PRoMoTiON THoUGH.CiTY

DjDelay

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The Grey Album

Check this one out:

What do you get when you cross JayZ's Black Album with The Beatles' White Album?

Black album + White Album = Grey Album

Yup, no lie. Produced by Dangermouse. Look in the cd section of http://www.turntablelab.com

Damn, the amount of these cut up album is ridiculous!!

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
its cool

amazingly dope concept, some tracks are good, some are ok

the best thing about this was the concept though

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
it sucks its sold out, i actually would have bought it

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
WHERE HAVE YoU CAYS BEEN, i GUESS YALL AiNT HEAR ABoUT THE CEASE AND DESiST oRDER DANGERMoUSE HAS BEEN SERVED FoR THiS, iF YoU GoT A CoPY YoU ARE LUCKY (ESPECiALLY SiNCE HE OnLY PRESSED 3000 CoPiES) BUT iF YoU CAN GET A CoPY AFTER THE 18TH oF FEBRUARY YoU MUST KNoW SoN oR soMETHiNG, CUZ THE RiAA oR SoME SHiT LiKE THAT iS oN HiS ASS ABoUT THE BEATLES SAMPLES, HE KNEW iT WAS goNNA HAPPEN THERES A CoUPLE SToRiES oN THE iNTERNET, i EVEN SEEN oNE iN THE NEWSPAPER oUT HERE...GoOD LUCK TRYiN To FiND THAT.CiTY

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
haha yeah i was just gonna say... i gota a site where u can download... i thought it was pretty wack actually... danger mouse is a legend... and it was a dope concept... but once u heard the originals these sound shit personally... however there is like 3 good tracks...

D

dr_fr3sh

i think the grey album is hot. of all the tracks on there i only thought 2 of em were corny. i like the concept and the ambitiousness of the album. definately something for the collection...

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
i LiKE iT, AND iM NoT EVEN A JAY-Z FAN, i FoUND MYSELF BoPPiNG To THiS, PUBLiC SERViCE ANoUNCEMENT WAS THE HoTTEST BEAT, CAN i GET THE iNSTRUMENTAL VERSiON ANYWHERE???

D

dr_fr3sh

i havent heard of an instrumental version...but i wouldnt be surprised if there was one out there...

it would be pretty hot...

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i agree with part of what dr fr3sh said about the concept and ambition.. but i wasn't feeling it. and considering he didn't have authority to use the beatles music.. it now seems like a waste of time. Did i said waste of time??? cause before this i didn't even know who Dangermouse was.. I mean outside of Hannah Barbarra. can anyone say PR Attempt