did jay-z and nas start a trend

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
jay-z and nas had beef then they started making records together, then 50 and jadakiss was beefin, now they have a record together, now I hear lloyd banks and styles p got a record together. me personally Im glad that this is happening. I know Im not the only one

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
It Ultimatly shows what beefs were legit and which were manufactured for sales (After the Jay, ... or even may be not..?). 50 and Ja arent cool, Joe Budden and Llyod banks ARE cool. You see what was bizness and what was a legit "I dont like this dude at all" beef. Some was respect also.

Edit: Quick Response, Im thinking about it some more though

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
hahaha, reverse psychology! "if what you're doing isn't working then do the opposite"...At one point, "beef" was hot, like the LLCJ vs KMD saga, but not long after, ish got corny and even crazy. It's alot like "internet beef" these days to me, just plain stoopid imo! It's ok to have disagreements but work the ish out and move on. I agree that what they are doing is good, and I'm in hopes that it will trickle down to everybody else. Maybe one day they'll understand what needs to be done with some of these cats lyrical content.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
What Dac said, 50's blatant manufactured beefs just made all beefing played out. The only beefs that are acceptable are ones where yall are gonna fight. Rap aint even a focus at that point.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
It made beefing played out, but made him a superstar....

So he basically rode it til the wheels fell off....pure genius...

Beef used to sell records, now people just look at you like you're an idiot.

Plus the records aren't hard, anymore...they're techno/pop driven and happy and what was said by Ominous in one post "too sensitive". Which I totally agree with.....

on the contrary to everything I've said...we need someone who's nasty to start calling everyone out....but the legends in the game can't do that, anymore...so it would have to be someone who's really buzzing and on the come up...kind of like another 50....

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
It made beefing played out, but made him a superstar....

So he basically rode it til the wheels fell off....pure genius...

Beef used to sell records, now people just look at you like you're an idiot.

Plus the records aren't hard, anymore...they're techno/pop driven and happy and what was said by Ominous in one post "too sensitive". Which I totally agree with.....

on the contrary to everything I've said...we need someone who's nasty to start calling everyone out....but the legends in the game can't do that, anymore...so it would have to be someone who's really buzzing and on the come up...kind of like another 50....

It would have to be one of their protege's. Otherwise you look like a hater to the fullest. Not to mention, networking would be sooo difficult. Especially today where networking is so crucial. I put out a project dissing a bunch of people and just let people I know that look to me to check people for BS hear it. They're the only people that would understand the meaning behind everything, everone else would either respond "They gettin money", "Who are you tho?", "Beef is wack", etc. I didnt even promote it on here..

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I absolutely love when people say "they gettin money" If you have a job, you're "gettin money" If everyone is "gettin money", why are they so broke?

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Its all for the money...I dont really feel there is any legit beef anymore in the entertainment business, and if there is, then that shit is most likely settled off the record. Theres been quite a drastic change in the whole perspective of beef and respect in the last 5-10 years. Not for the better, either. I wouldnt say they necessarily started the trend, but they definitely had the money for it and got money from it. If you think about it, that shit relaunched their careers

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
I absolutely love when people say "they gettin money" If you have a job, you're "gettin money" If everyone is "gettin money", why are they so broke?

"They gettin money" = "Your momma!!" in responses. When their financial success is all you can say good about someone your opinion is voided lol. That $$$ may not even be music related

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
If you think about it, that shit relaunched their careers

I think it relaunched only Nas' Jay was still doing his thing......if anything it made him even MORE popular...But Nas basically fell off the radar and that definitely brought him back....

members online