Did rappers will kill and shoot people?

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I proably already know the answer to this but obviously when we listen to hard core rap we listen to cats talk about 45s guns I shot this dude I killed him, and makes me wonder, IF they really killed someone why the hell would they talk about it on a record... if big pun shot someone would he talk about it, Dmx, 50cent....etc...Just your thoughts about if you really think these rappers went around killing people in there past...

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I think some inner city hardcore rap types have done it the ones that are living that life, you know growing up on koolaid and flat soda and sardines and pork and beans....yeah that life breeds some circumstances where murder happens and it goes unsolved like in DC the high unsolved murders here tells you one thing there are a lot of people not locked up committing murders and if they were ever incarcerated they got lots of time to polish their freestyles and rap like many do that have to do bids, now as far as hardcore artists that I may have come into contact with personally (in the rap game) not hip hop I do suspect there have been some I with no question believe that they may have bodied someone possibly and they definitely have a few felonies, but the majority I would say only murder lyrically and use the reference as a way to enhance their tracks and lyrics....The big named artists like pun and dmx you have to look into their past and see because if they really did then that would be a crime and they would be locked up.....so they can only refer to something that only they know...

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i feel where you commin from muzik maker but you also have to realize that a lot of that is just hype. do you really think that if a rapper really killed or wounded somebody and got away with it is going to write a song about it and sell it to the public. yo dog thats self incrimminating and i dont think any rapper can be that stupid. most of them rap that way because a lot of hiphop listeners want to hear it. when gangsta rap started it made an impact on the urban listeners and it never left because its the listeners thats actually committing the crimes and rappers get famous from it. i`m not saying that the rapper himself never committed a felony before he gained status in the hiphop world. but think about it, if gangsta rappers killed as many people as they say in their songs, then who would be left to buy their songs.

E

Equality 7-2521

firstly, its rare for a rapper to state "i murdered him with my gat" or something similar which admits to killing someone.

they usually just say "yo i pulled my gat" or something similar which indicates they use a gat but have never killed another person................................BIG DIFFERENCE

of the rappers who claim to shoot people, some are telling the truth and others arnt. for example, i think its safe to say that big L has shot somone. but i could be wrong. who knows.

and obviously theres plenty of toys who want to be hardcore and lie about themselves. plus it sells

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well when I here a dmx verse saying really wanted to chill but learned how to kill.... and how he ran threw someones crew and only let off half?....

Biggie, saying mad slugs threw your jugglar im warning ya...,

Jay Z saying how he do someone better and slay these niggas faithfully.....

I think eminem is the only rapper who admits he jokes when he says things of this natures other rappers well, I dont know It seems with the amount of rappers clamin they killin people youd think the arrest warrants for rappers would be up, heck isnt half the crap they say consider a terrostic threat anyway...

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
I dont know about everybody but I know a few niggas with 2-3 niggas under they belt. Not really something to braggin about killin a nigga and everything but they turn around and rap about it later so i guess that its possible that some of the bigger names actually do what they say. However you might get a preformance thug every now and then like boo boo (now known as 50 cent) and Ill leave that alone at that.

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well yeah I aint too far away from the ghetto ( i live in da bronx but I dont live in no ghetto section of the bronx, maybe cause I live in a italian neighboorhood :( ) but yeah i can see where a cat coulda split some wigs, but it seems when I listen cats rap now a days specialy these up and commers I hear loadin the gat, split ya dome, i got two nines by my blah blah blah and sometimes I wonder if what the industry rappers, are they really living that or are they trying to live someone elses lifestyle (sorta like the whole fantasy gangster image, these rappers really envy, the crime famlies and drug czars of the world)