Did someone buy a YAMAHA Motif CD Sample .wav format off ebay??

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
I've been seeing plenty of "Yamaha Motif COMPLETE CD SAMPLES in .wav format" on ebay. I want to know if someone heard about them and if they're any good. Most of them are one shot samples in wav, but i know that some .wav automatically loop in Reason.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
No, you would defintely prefer the MULTI-Sample/Layered/Octave Ones.

But nothing has or will beat the real thing. The motif FX is what makes it the MOTIF...

Im thinking about saving up and just splurging on the 61key joint.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
DaSon said:
No, you would defintely prefer the MULTI-Sample/Layered/Octave Ones.

But nothing has or will beat the real thing. The motif FX is what makes it the MOTIF...

Im thinking about saving up and just splurging on the 61key joint.

does the 61key and 88key has the same amount of sounds?

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've had the original motif and the rack and the es rack. I also bought the MOTIF sounds dvd, when I had to sell the es rack. the DVD is no where near the MOTIF. What you get is one sample of each sound at C3. So off the top its no good for the bass sounds or high pitched sounds. But you're never gonna get even close to the sound of a module by buying a sample CD anyway. Its too complicated with all the parameters even if you do 20 samples per sound. The good thing about that DVD though is the drum samples are all there, so I can use them in iDrum or Guru. Its easier that way.

But its gonna hafta hold me down until I can afford to buy another es rack (or I might jump on the MO6). As far as sound module or keyboard sounds vs. plugin sounds its really just different sound not better or worse. I use both.

By the way, the second best feature of the MOTIF (sound quality is the best feature) is the arpeggiator. That shit is bananas. And a sample CD can't do nothing there.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^ lol yeah, depends on how you look at that.

Theres pros and cons for each.

like you, i was considering just wiating to catch the CLASSIC rack on sale for $500 or so

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I actually just got one of the Motif DVD's on ebay. I gotta say for 20 dollars you will not make a better investment. What does 20 bucks get you now? A few records? 2 cds? I realize the DVD is nothing close to the real thing but it does have every single sound in perfect quality and every drum sound on the motif. Its unfair to compare the two because one costs twenty and the other over 5 or 6 hundred. For the price, its a fantastic value. I also got another DVD that came "free" with it which is old school loops, and sounds, and although I dont use it too much its great for finding punchy or old school sounding drums and effects.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Hi-Lo said:
I actually just got one of the Motif DVD's on ebay. I gotta say for 20 dollars you will not make a better investment. What does 20 bucks get you now? A few records? 2 cds? I realize the DVD is nothing close to the real thing but it does have every single sound in perfect quality and every drum sound on the motif. Its unfair to compare the two because one costs twenty and the other over 5 or 6 hundred. For the price, its a fantastic value. I also got another DVD that came "free" with it which is old school loops, and sounds, and although I dont use it too much its great for finding punchy or old school sounding drums and effects.

On a side note...for those who don't think these DVD's are worth it- I composed a beat last week entirely from my motif DVD in FL 6 and was told by my business manager that its very possible I could see upwards of 10k for the track once its sold. Like we say on here all the time, its not what you have but how you use it. If I hadn't bought that 20 dollar DVD, it would have been a while before I bought the Motif rack, and who knows if I ever would have made this beat. Just something to think about...

What was the name of your seller??

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
the Motif series are the best all-round synthesizers of all time IMO.

when i get some cash im copping the ES for sure.

it was hard to sell my motif coz of the quality of the sounds, but i wasnt too bothered coz i know i will one day get it back.

by the way, the sounds in the classic Motif are definately a bit 'warmer' than the ES. ahhhhhh them sounds were BEAUTIFUL!

Pz.