different vocals/vocal levels on 1 song

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Wazup y'all

At the moment I'm doing the mixdowns of every track for my compilation.
I got some tracks with 4 or 5 mc's rapping in different languages and styles.
What can I do to get all the vocals sounding like they are on the same level? Even if they were on the same level, not every voice is the same, and there are voices that sound louder than others.

I HATE doing mixdowns ... I hate mixing.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Man, where you @ ? Luxembourg city ?

But, it's a matter of eqíng their voices and pray to god that they've been recorded properly.

ill o.g.
Im not familar wit the digi002, but do you got everybody rappin on the same mic in one take? Cuz if your not, you might be able to assign different mc's to different channels so you could mix em all to about the same level. And if they are all on the same take, then you could cut them up into different wav files and load them into the different channels probly. Im not sure what the digi is capable of, but thats worth a try.

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Someone who knows more bout compressors could tell if compressors really help with this problem?

If you recording to the computer and you use compressor between the mic and computer(and all other things you use). If you use same settings for the compressor for different rappers do you get the same levels? For my knowledge it works like that but DOES IT REALLY?

Good explanation wasn't it? =)

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got'em on different channels, basically I'm recording like everybody should.
I'm using the same compressor and EQ settings on every vocal ( that's really not the way you should do it). But there are vocals that stand more out the mix than others.

Another question is: Do you pay attention when listening to a track, that all them vocals are on the same level? You never analyzed this?

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
mix down all the vocal tracks to one file... select all and then use some dynamics processing... if you don't want to do this... mix everything down... then u will be able to see roughly on the wave lengths and u can adjust accordingly...