Different ways a sample is flipped

ill o.g.
What are some things you can do to a sample? I heard one of cassidy's songs today produced by Kanye west that prompted me to listen to what other people were sampling. What I found is that the sample he used sounded completely different from the final product, how is that done? Is there like VST's that change the sound of or re-arrange the notes of a sample? I think Im a little confused on the process of sampling

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
I don't wanna come off as being an ass but its called using your brain

You can do a lot of things with a sample

Tune it
EQ it
Chop it up
merge it with other parts of the sample
Layer it
Pitch it
merge it wit different samples
loop it

Etc lots of things you can do it

ps ot 100% if there is an app that does that but i do know in some samplers they do have a randomize feature/(Sparks creativity sometimes)

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Its called chopping up a sample ... You chop it up into indivual pieces and spread those
pieces across pads or keys ... Then you play them like indivdual notes to make up a new
melody.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Its called chopping up a sample ... You chop it up into indivual pieces and spread those
pieces across pads or keys ... Then you play them like indivdual notes to make up a new
melody.

Exactly what he said. And there are programs out there like Ableton that allow you to chop and manipulate samples in ways that are unimaginable. At the end of the day to me it's about chopin' it up and making a totally diff't melody like H said. Takes a little imagination and some rhythm.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Exactly what he said. And there are programs out there like Ableton that allow you to chop and manipulate samples in ways that are unimaginable. At the end of the day to me it's about chopin' it up and making a totally diff't melody like H said. Takes a little imagination and some rhythm.

And thats about where Im at nowadays. The wonderful world of chopping.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
And thats about where Im at nowadays. The wonderful world of chopping.

It's a beautiful thing. Especially when you can do it in such away that it's hard to recognize where the sample came from!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Thanks yall

Good shit relic Ima go through all of those many many times :)

Going thru them is cool but if you don't have an RS like he does it won't get you far. That sawtooth joint alone he uses can't be found on anything else

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i think there's some truth into that, but some stuff thats shown can be applied to ALL samplers regardless of what type... most samplers can do some of the things Nnxt mentioned in his post... i think its best to watch everything posted on the web with different machines for new samplists.

da relic

Z

Zinmaru

You can do whatever you feel honestly. It depends on you as a producer/beatmaker. Just naturally do whatever, let it flow. Make sure you know the function of everything though.