Diggin in your OWN crates

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
So, tonight I decided to finally go through my boxes of 45's. I'm almost positive that many of you have piles of 45's lying around as well. I started going through them again and realized that I should spend more time listening to my records instead of constantly digging. I found so many nice tunes, not just for sampling, but for music. So I just wanted to tell everyone, dig through those crates, start listening, enjoy the fruits of your labour, the music is there!

Now I'm listening to some old Serge Gainsbourg 45, incredible stuff.

savage_g

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah man, I feel you, I've got the bad habit of coming home with a pile of records to sample, and just putting an LP to the side if I can't find anything to grab off it..

It's when you go back to those records months later you realise that they were dope records anyway, but you weren't listening to them because you couldn't find that magic break. The quest for a sample can get in the way of the actual music.

Got into a lot of records that way.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
My thoughts exactly. When I first started digging, it was mostly for samples, but after a few years, my production time ceased, so I had piles of records everywhere. Now I'm going through them, giving away the ones I know I won't ever touch (sell the more valuable ones). I'm accumulating a fairly large pile of 45s to give away now, hopefully someone else will enjoy them.

soulmarauder

ill o.g.
You can pull a sample out of nearly anything if you have the ear for it. One of my best beats was based on a Gene Pitney record I almost discarded.

Padrino Stackz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
the best time for me to listen to records ( not sampling) is when im cleaning my house or working on some type of project (non-music) in the crib.. sometimes i cant wait to clean the house again so i can hear the next batch of crates! lol

members online