digi002 V.S Mbox

ill o.g.
sup yall

I was wondering if any of you had any info on the Mbox it looks too good to be true. An interface with 24 bit sound, and it comes wit t tracks, pro tools, reason, and over 1000 bucks worth of plug ins, plus some more shit that i didn't catch.. The thing is im reading some bad reviews from people who boought it saying they get hella errors and shit.. The guy at guitar center told me the only difference between the digi and the mbox is that the digi has a mixing board on it and the sound quality may be a little better.. I got windows XP to hook it up to.. anyone have the mbox or any info or suggestions for me?

thanks

A

ACEBEATZ

Converters are a lot better, pre-amps and processing is increased plus you gotta more in and outs. Algorithms been improved since 001 and Mbox model.

MBox cost 500$ and 002 1500$ approximately.

Usually when something cost more it worth more (not true all the time but since its from the same company, here its like comparin oranges with oranges...)

Why digidesign would do a product the same quality of another for more less than half the price?

It logically got something to do...

Holla Ace

erkl

Funky Walker Dirty Talker
ill o.g.
dont bother compairing these 2, the 002 kills the mbox..

the mbox is just a cheap low budget into way to get into using protools
the digi 002 is a good studio peice that u wont be pawning off in a few months

save your pennies

BeAtArKiTeK

"Only God Can Judge Me"
ill o.g.
Yeah man i have heard plenty of bad things about the m box so i think there is other alternatives to pro tools that work just as well but then again everyone is using it so if you want it go for the 002.

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
erkl said:
dont bother compairing these 2, the 002 kills the mbox..

the mbox is just a cheap low budget into way to get into using protools
the digi 002 is a good studio peice that u wont be pawning off in a few months

save your pennies

Co sign!...........................................................

C

Copenhagen

I've used both, and personally own the M-Box. I've never ever experienced any problems with it. The program is completely the same, so only difference is hardware. If you are satisfied with 2 ins/out, compared to the 8 on the digi002, and don't need the control surface, I see no reason for buying the digi002.

A

ACEBEATZ

Copenhagen said:
I've used both, and personally own the M-Box. I've never ever experienced any problems with it. The program is completely the same, so only difference is hardware. If you are satisfied with 2 ins/out, compared to the 8 on the digi002, and don't need the control surface, I see no reason for buying the digi002.

You have the digi 002 r too. Not obligated to have the 002!

And I repeat : Converters are a lot better, pre-amps and processing is increased plus you gotta more in and outs. Algorithms been improved since 001 and Mbox model.

It's two different product that arent in the same level. If you got cubase and i got it, and you got a soublaster card and i got a delta 1010, who you think will get the best algorithms???

OF COURSE no one will pay 1000$ more for 6 more inputs when you record only one mic in hip-hop most of the time. More ins are extras so it aint the thing that really raise the price up.

Anyway you could buy an adat for 400$ that will give you 8 ins and 8 outs!!!

You really did think digidesign were that stupid???

Lol

C

Copenhagen

Ace Beatz, you seemed to have misunderstood my point. Yes, the converters and algorhythms are better, but not significantly in my opinion, wherefore, if you are on a budget, or starting out, I see no point in buying the digi002 over the M-Box.
On another note, yes the 001 came out earlier, but as far as I am aware, the 002 and M-Box came out almost at the same time, so I don't understand your point about improvement in regards to their age.

A

ACEBEATZ

Copenhagen said:
Ace Beatz, you seemed to have misunderstood my point. Yes, the converters and algorhythms are better, but not significantly in my opinion, wherefore, if you are on a budget, or starting out, I see no point in buying the digi002 over the M-Box.
On another note, yes the 001 came out earlier, but as far as I am aware, the 002 and M-Box came out almost at the same time, so I don't understand your point about improvement in regards to their age.

M-box came before 002, cuz i wanted to buy 001 and the m-box just went out. There was no002 at all yet.

My reply was just because the way you said it, there was no difference between 002 and m-box ecept in and outs. In fact its the day and night!!

M-box is light 001. It's like comparin a g4 with a g5. The technology evoluated. Same here.

A

ACEBEATZ

mad flows said:
where is the digi 002 at, i always see it for 2195.00 please tell me where it's that low new. peace

yeah but are you canadian??

i'm from quebec but most of pp here are from states so usually here when we talk of price we talkin about us prices that is...

mad flows

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
ACEBEATZ said:
yeah but are you canadian??

i'm from quebec but most of pp here are from states so usually here when we talk of price we talkin about us prices that is...

Yeah man, i'm from the us.

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
i got an MBox, and it get's the job done, no complaints....Even if you want a control surface like on the 002, DON'T GET THE 002!! lol...If you want/need a control surface I would personally get either an MBox or 002 RACK, and then get one of those Mackie boards.....The faders on the 002 and command 8 feel like shit....pure plasic parts and all that garbage...the mackie just feels sooo much more solid and it controls pro tools just like the 002

A

ACEBEATZ

djswivel said:
i got an MBox, and it get's the job done, no complaints....Even if you want a control surface like on the 002, DON'T GET THE 002!! lol...If you want/need a control surface I would personally get either an MBox or 002 RACK, and then get one of those Mackie boards.....The faders on the 002 and command 8 feel like shit....pure plasic parts and all that garbage...the mackie just feels sooo much more solid and it controls pro tools just like the 002

Yeah, true. That's wut I told to another guy in another thread. Get the 002 and another controller.

Digidesign do great products, but i think their controllers are too expensive for wut they do.

Except, for sure for the Control 24 : WUT A BOMB, giving 16 ins outs more.

Yo Swivel, d'you look at that Tascam US-2400??? 24 AUTOMATED faders, pan volume,etc, transport,jog,etc.... tcheck it out. and the prie is great some like 1200$ us 2000$ canadian.

ill o.g.
Thanks everyone for the advice on this it really helped and to let u know I ended up gettin the Mbox and so far I've had no problems with it whatso ever the sound quality is making me orgasm all over the place and I've locked myself in the lab ever since Igot it and i aint comin out soon

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I own an M-Box and it works great its a big step from my Maudio Delta 1010lt. The 2 inputs arent really a problem unless you want eq everything on its own otherwise u can hook up a mixer to it and that gives u more inputs. My setup has a Yamaha 16 channel ming board and a tube preamp hooked up to the mbox so have plenty of inputs for what i need. Plus u can 8 out ur MPC to a mixing board and manually eq ur sound no biggie proably will sound better any way. Now the Digi002 has an interface option thats no biggi either. go cop a Behringer B control Fader and go get the drivers to flash it so it can emulate a baby hui and u can controll the ProTools Le with motorized sliders plos the b control is only like 200