Digital Diggin/Sampling Advice

DJ Teknique

ill o.g.
Whaddup peoples.

I recently fell into a copy of a pretty good soundtrack called "The complete rare Cobalt Rare Funk series - 1-12 - 1993_2000"

It has 12 cd's thats broken down into diffrent catagories like 70's soundtracks...female funk...latin funk...etc etc. Some samples had already been used but others are just waiting to be sampled.

Case in point (I am working with fl xxl 6 and acid 5.0) there is this crazy Henri Mancini joint on there that I want to sample but I am not sure how I should flip it.

Should I used acid 5.0 and chop the sample up?...or should I just loop it.

here is the song in question: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=26E017BA7FA9DACA

any advice would be greatly appricated.

thanks

DJ teknique

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I would chop it up using Adobe Auditon then import the wavs to FL 6. That's what I use but I am sure Acid would work too. I have that but I don't use it.

Do you mind if I do something with this too? This track is scraming for me to chop it up.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Grand Puba used that for "i like it" off is "2000" album. he used a small piece from it. only advice i can give you is to listen to it. find the parts that you like the most and experiement. enjoy the process, you just might make a mistake and stumble into something dope.

DJ Teknique

ill o.g.
yeah feel free to chop it up....I am learning how to chop it up on my acid and its pretty cool now...I might have stumbled onto something.

keep the advice coming..thanks a bunch ya'll

eKim(one)baBY

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
about chopping ... i don't think anyone here could help since we all 'hear" that sample differently .... so .. do what your gutzzzzz iz telling you ...

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i would chop it no doubt. i rarely rarely use loopin. with chops you get get really creative

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
I do all my chops in acid 5.0. Go for what you know wit it if you ask me. Its just all about knowin how to pull out what you want from the sample and arrangin it. And that sample has a lot of possibilities. But hey the majority of sampled hip-hop hits were just loops wit good drums and bass added. And I hear alot of good loops outta that too.

DJ Teknique

ill o.g.
thanks for all the advice peoples...its greatly appricated

shortfuse....whaddup tre-4 in da house...I am orginally from High Pizzee

exel

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
My take on this is do what you feel would have a greater output. Sometimes you have to chop, sometimes you have to loop. Alot of times people chop samples that would sound great as a loop and fuc* it all up. IMO, there is nothing wrong with looping. Dont get me wrong, I gets down with the chizops!!! It all depends on the sample in hand.

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah, Henry is a good trumpet player. Just chop till your heart is content. Then you go for it. I find myself when I'm listen to a sample, I'm already making the beat in my head. You will know when you find the right part. I use one sample to make three beats and they all sound different. Just let your mind led you.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
damn how the hell did i miss this free sample :cool: