Digital Diggin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo - I prefer lifting samples from vinyl, scratchin etc - there's no contest, but my turntables is in Ireland and Im in a part of spain where there aint any good record shops anyhow;

anyone got any tips for web bassed digging?

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Search "mp3 blogs". I find some really cool stuff like that.

Papadukes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
if you don't have ideas of stuff to look for then check out www.pandora.com. just type in the type people you like to sample and it give you previews of tunes by similar artists. then i guess you gotta use that link Lazy eyes put up.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
i've gotten albums from internet that i never would've been able to get here in sweden without paying alot of money!

go digital diggin!

for diggin samples, the good ol diggin may be better, but for record collecting, it's invaluable.

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
GRAFIK said:
i downloaded samples rarely from iTunes, but most of the time the mp3s sound like shit, not like that vinyl sound at all

yeah, I know, theres no contest. what about some of the random record batches going in buy/sell/trade? anyone paid shipping from US to europe?

i'D JUST BE WORRIED THE POSTAGE WOULD COST MORE THAN THE RECORDS

C

chrislyons

hey whatsup, I'm a new poster. :D

Digital digging is what I do, Ive found you can find certain albums that are ripped from vinyl that is complete with hizzes and pops. But coming across those are rare.
The only problem with digital digging is you won't really find gems, companies will only transfer albums from vinyl to CD only if they can sell it.
Sure you can find some gems, but not too many.

Try downloading some 60s 70s music from different countries, so then no one has really heard it.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Relic said:
Nice links there been needin somthin like that.
Shotfuze what happened to ya kid there? Avatar looks like they were in a car wreck!!!

Hey hey!!! watch it there!! LOL. Thats my boy you talkin bout! Naw his pic jus got some funky photoshop type effects on it.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
chrislyons said:
Digital digging is what I do, Ive found you can find certain albums that are ripped from vinyl that is complete with hizzes and pops. But coming across those are rare.
The only problem with digital digging is you won't really find gems, companies will only transfer albums from vinyl to CD only if they can sell it.
Sure you can find some gems, but not too many.

man, 60-70% of my "digital albums" are ripped straight from vinyl.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i used to do that a long time ago before i got my turntable. but i beleive its not the "hisses and pops" that make vinyl superior to MP3, it is qualities that are killed in the MP3 compression

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
sometimes i download 320kb/s samples off ********. 320 is the highest quality for an mp3. and those of course have to be ripped from vinyl.. cuz they werent puttin out mp3's back then. but when i flip em and filter em and shit, you cant tell its a 'digital sample'

O

open mind

i convert every f***** file in wave before chooping so the qualy is a bit better and u can have good results near to vinyl.if the source was ripped by vinyl.happy diggin!

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
bigrob, i dont think that makes a difference, you can't unconvert an mp3 file back to wav just by changing the extension, the sound quality was lost in the original conversion

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
^ u CAN convert an Mp3 to wav..

but its not gonna restore its original quality.. u'll just have the same quality of the mp3 in waveform.

the only benefit from doin big robs method is to prevent any FURTHER compression/distortion.

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
Digital digging is the new age method of digging for music to sample. But, the only problem is that every single "producer" out there will have access to the same sample that you're downloading off the internet. Not all music are going to be made into mp3's. For vinyls, there are tons of rare stuff that you can dig for that you cannot find on CD's or Mp3s. So dig or maybe download wisely hahaha.

O

open mind

i didnt say its EQUAL i said its NEAR equal quali as original just wanted to clear things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.