Discord

How many of you use discord on a daily basis? it's my most used social media as example.
Have you any idea how to revive the illmuzik discord? because I believe it's a bit essential. maybe all these kids coming to our forum wouldn't leave after 1 or 2 messages if they join our discord. kids nowadays are really into discord and they should be. it's a really good app. so the question is, How can we make it matter? My first assumption is if you guys just got used to the app it'd be really good. voice chats and normal chats are really easier on discord than on the forum. but that's not what we're looking for. there must be something in our channel that makes members get into the discord.

I will look onto it later, but I'd rather hear your ideas first.

tried it, never got my head around it properly
that's my relationship with Reddit. but discord is actually really simple. I'd say you should try it out.
I'd say as soon as we get regulars on discord, voice chats that happen like 4 times a week would be inevitable and after that things will be built on the base of those regulars.

we need a core user base to keep the place alive, and for that we need just 1 good idea to make discord actually useful then we're good to go. Here's my 3 cents.

1. Connect it to shoutbox in some way. like instead of shoutbox on the main page, put a link that shows the discord general chat and for those who Aren't signed up to our discord yet, put a link that gives them invitation to our discord. this is a bit hard to make, but not that hard. you can just copy whatever twitch users do for that.

2. Make live beatmaking a thing! discord has an option to stream. either with or without video, you'll have the audio. so you can do some announcements and when the planets are align, you go live. do that 2 or 3 times and once people get onto the discord, they'll do it themselves too. if it got popular, make it a thing. like do one stream every sunday or idk... find a host for the cause every month like ill battle report.

3. Collabs! collabs would be easier on discord. like make 2 collab channels, one for deep working (Like finding someone to do an album with/find a rapper/etc) and one for just putting a beat up there and see if anyone has an idea. like showcase kinda.

What do you guys think? and do these sound good @Fade ?

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
I use the shit outta discord... collabs would be SUPER easy.

Also, anyone who does tutorials, you could make a tutorial night on discord... pick a day, the topic and time... that would increase traffic ten fold if you did that, you could also record it and post it to youtube... have the questions answers etc.

I have posted twice in three weeks, I think, and finally Avin said something in there haha and guys, I am considerd an old fucker... If I can do it...

Also, anyone who does tutorials, you could make a tutorial night on discord... pick a day, the topic and time... that would increase traffic ten fold if you did that, you could also record it and post it to youtube... have the questions answers etc.
Yea exactly I thought about that.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
well between me and Arvin, we got live streaming working pretty well, now people can see how bad I am in real time :D

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Hey maybe ILL should be on TikTok too. I can post videos of me falling down stairs while trying to make a beat. Or lighting myself on fire while plugging in my headphones.

No @Fade as you doing that would ruin the image I have of you as intelligent.