Dj Paul the king of memphis

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just got that Dj Paul underground volume 16 : for da summa

Some ol' tracks on it from '94... very dirty tracks, and some new tracks on it, harder than the rest of the last HCP releases.

I love that album and Dj Paul is still the best.

C

Cyanide

What....you just got that and it is tight but you need to pick up that Juicy J album and Lil Wyte

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I also bought that Lil wyte album.

At the moment my favourites are : you strapped and acid.
He's da best white rapper I ever heard and he's kickin some hard lyrics.
I couldn't find juicy's solo album...

Project Pat's Layin da smack down is not as good as Lil Wyte's album. I was really surprised when I was listening to it. I was like : damn thaz one of the best HCP releases.

Lil Wyte'style remembers me of other memphis rappers, he's a real killa on the mic. Frayser Boy has also improved his style and got some tight lyics now.

My all-time favourite album is : tear da club up thugs - crazy n da laz dayz

C

Cyanide

Yeah Layin da Smackdown was ok but some songs were boring,
Lil Wyte's cd was fie my favorite songs are Know you strapped and In the Streets he ripped it on that song.

But that Juice solo is on some pimp type stuff but its still tight.

Frayser Boy ok him and Pat sound alittle bit too similar at times like they should make a group or something.

I still listen to crazyndalazdayz now thats a classic along wit Mista Don't Play and Choices, but really I like everything they do so its hard to pick one.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think sometimes they could change their sound a bit...
thaz why dj paul's album is dope, there some ol' beats on it.

I hope the unbreakables will top everything cause the last three six mafia album was so dope, I was listening to it for years ... every track was a classic for me.

But on that lil wyte album they put an old beat on it, that beat from gangsta boo's album enquiring minds, da posse song on it. I only can say that the beat was better with lord infamous an mc mack and them others on it.

I prefere lord infamous rappin with his ruff voice, that solo track on choices was nice, some wonderfull lyrics about killin hoes but his voice wasn't hard enough. 2 years ago he was my favourite rapper and his voice influenced my rap style but at the moment his voice got too soft. But his voice is still aight when he's rappin about smokin weed like on project pat's last 2 albums. He's really rappin now like he was rappin on them underground tapes before.

What you think about skinny pimp? I got 2 albums. Soon I gonn get that kaze inc album.

C

Cyanide

Yeah all them 3-6 fanatics escept me like that style from Lord but I prefer his ruff hard voice and you took the words out of my mouth Lord and MC Mack made that song tight. Hopefully they drop a Lord Infamous solo album thats what i'm waitin for.

Skinny Pimp was ok he starting to get passed around record labels like a chump now and its not good for his career he straight though I was thought Skinny was tight he need to get back wit HCP Kaze Inc. has a good roster wit Mack,ScanMan ,M-Child and Koopsta Knicca they should be makin alot of noise.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just got that skinny pimp album pimpin and hustlin, some average shit... without Dj Squeeky's productions it would be some wack shit.

And I just got that ol' album kamikaze inc, that's da sickest album I ever heard, you really hear that they don't give a fuck about the rest of the industry, about the east coast lames or all them wanna be ballers.

I think people should consider them as examples (also those browsing this forum or telling others that pete rock and primo are god, those who are steady tryin to sound like that new york shit with the same jazz samples or whatever.)

Mc mack and scanman are makin beats in an other way, it's some crazy shit, you really hear that they aren't limited by wack ideas ( like usin break beats and all that ol hiphop bla bla).

I must admit that I'm makin beats that most people like cause I'm workin in the same way like three six mafia or all them others are workin, who try to find something that a lot of people will like.

Most of us don't have the balls to make our own style of beats and to be individuals, we stick to some success formulas... thatz all.
I really appreciate their shit, cause others like skinny pimp always got some tracks for girls and grandmamas with a nice tune hehe.

F

Frenchg

Man I am happy to see people up on the M-Town music. I am from across the bridge in Arkansas. I grew up listening to three 6
eightball and mjg. Now that I moved to AZ I don't hear people talk about it that much. You guys took me back to my Tommy Wright and Playa Fly days

C

Cyanide

Thats what I still listen to all that old memphis stuff gotta keep in touch with where i'm from. I'm just ready to hear the new three six and Playa Fly and Pastor Troy.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I didn't start to like three six until they did that who run it song...That made me by that album back in 2000 but that beat was a hot one

members online