Djx Ii

sent_inc

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 15
Do anyone know anything about the yamaha DJX II. I was in a chat room the other day and someone was really giving this keyboard props. I think it was soneone from yamaha.

O

otniel-one

one word:
a v o i d .
the djx:s are nothing more than toys with pretty poor
sampled sounds onboard and the sequencer is a joke.

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I have it and it really isn't very good. It's cheap and has a few ok sounds but I would say don't buy it.

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
didn't know about it -- but thanks on the heads up -- lol

Louie Lou

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Yeah I have a djx-1 for about 3 years or so...and its good for making new sounds for sampling. Adding effects to the GM sounds it has aboard and assigning them to a sample pad or keyboard key...but beside that its just a toy if you ask me.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey I know no body posted in here in a while but.
I just got a djxII from my cousin ( no manual tho) and I wanna know can it be used as a midi controler and control reason 2.5? does it need a driver to do this.
Im running windows xp if dat makes a difference.
Please someone help me. I don't wanna use the sequencer(if you can call it dat) or on board sounds (maybe a few ill sample) I realy just wanna use it for a midi controler.

Please let me know if this can be done. Or ima just give it to my lil cousin to play with

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by DjDelay
Has it got a midi out?

Yes it has a midi out ( I know all about midi and how to hook it up)

Upon doing more research I found out that the Yamaha Djx II CAN'T be used as a midi controler, even tho it does have midi in and out.
( but the djx1 , the version b4 this, can ,makes no damn sense)

It doesn't have full midi implementation . Yamaha designed the midi ports to be used to do midi dumps to and to record ur performance to a special software that they have for it.

SO AS STATED IN A FEW POSTS ANY ONE INTERESTED IN THIS DON'T BUY IT. IT IS A TOY . IT HAS NO REAL FUNTION IN MUSIC PRODUCTION. AND CAN'T BE USED AS A MIDI CONTROLER. (But the djx1 , the 1 b4 it can, does dat make sense?)

I personally would have never bought it any way. My cousin gave it to me but ima bbout to give it back because I don't have a lot of room.

OH and for some reason I didn't get a email notification that my post was responded to. Must be a problem wit my sidekick. Good thing I check the site regurlarly.

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
I have both the Djxs the box and the keyboard toys toys toys...thats all i gotta say.I was very dissapointed when i found out the keyboard couldnt be used as a midi controller..all the midi does is sync with other hardware/software...i plan on selling both.good thing i got em cheap.
peace

members online