DMC DJ Battle, I Placed Top Six in Chicago

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
Top 6 finalists, not bad for just a hip hop producer lol. People wonder where I get my rhythm? Breakdancing and DJ battling and all the soul music by REAL musicians associated with that. That doesn't include garbage electronic music of today. FUCK dubstep.

Check it out and connect with me on Facebook:

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
No way! That's so dope. Man, I didn't know you were competing. Congrats!

I know the DMC comps have dwindled down over the years, which is too bad. I wish it was as strong as it was in the 90s. Here in MTL, the shit was all over the place but now I don't think we even have a heat here anymore. Crazy.

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
Thanks! Yeah @Fade it's SOOOOOO lame now. These trap and dubstep DJs making "song"/ "beats" out of snippets HELLL NOO!! If they want to make a REAL beat get into production don't try to do as a DJ it sounds like garbage.

But yup I be using those real songs and have mad skills so I was able to get by on that even though I'm not like the new school battle DJs that really like you said have made that culture dwindle. Who wants to listen to NON songs vs see REAL skills and someone do stuff with actual songs? lol.

Anyhow I'll keep repping DJing more since it seems people value that more than musicianship like flamenco guitar for now. I def plan to combine all music I've learned and created and be that long bearded long haired flamenco guitarist when I get older!! Just playing over some CRAZY beats no one can ever copy.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's pretty cool though. How is it with all these new ones and the use of DVS? I figured, like you said, they're making their own tracks. That really sucks because it takes the fun out of doing a 6-minute set. I would say it's okay if you want to juggle your own beat, but when they're basically making their own breakbeat with tons of snippets and breakdowns, it's not cool.

DVS is great and it makes it easier to flip from one song to the next since you don't have to take the record off the platter, but still. It just takes away. I remember going fast and trying to change the record - I knocked the tonearm across LOL and fucked up my needle. But that's the way it was.

members online