Do these guys deserve the hype

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
im sorry peeps but i just need to vent...these Producers The Trackboyz have produced 3 teacks that i know of. one being "Air Force 1's" which even though it wasnt one of my favorite songs it did have some musical vaule to it...the other two is were im confused...Tipsy which is blatent rip off of gridin and roc the mic and then D-12 "40 oz" which is a rip off of a Lil Jon beat....i dont understand how u can become big producers just by stealin other peoples sound. These cats charge 50 thousand a beat and they have a production deal with so so def.....i dont inderstand maybe somone can help me out

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i will explain:

thats the rap music buisness for you. its just the way things work. i dont think they deserve the hype at all.

tony needles

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dont wanna be a hater on them cause they makin there bread, but there are lot of producers out there who got them faded in lacin tracks...Word to what J Rilla said about there beat bitin' cause they bit the neptunes grindin beat bad...it's basically the same beat, besides that corny little bassline they threw in there... turn on the radio and listen...I'ts the music biz though, thats how it works, it's not skills but connections that get you in the door these days. 1
Tony in Queens

Peep my beats in the artist section

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I belive they (trackboyz) did the whole J-kown album. I don't listen to j-kwon but i heard it and it wasn't nothing special. It is all connections nowadays, I feel the same way. But, hey there makin 50 g'z a beat and that's more than what i make. So i gotta give it to em on that. The tipsy beat was the most garbage shit i've fuckin heard! Not to hate, but everyone i know that makes beats has done as version of grindin tryin to disquise it n shit. The sounds they used are different, but the way the pattern goes is kinda the same. I think they sampled "we will rock you , by: queen" for there clap and stomp. WHo cares it was a wack beat that got too much play! lol.. holla!

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I will say this, if you can move fat asses all around the country like these guys have then they must be doing something write. A lot of guys on this site have decent beats, it's just too much going on in them, if we simplify things and not worry about having a counter melody and all this technical shit the beats would be better. I wouldn't buy a lot of that shit but it has merit in your whip, and the club. One more thing, down south music or bass heavy music no matter where it's from will not sound good unless you have a system to pump it in. My little corny ass beats sounded decent in my stick man's whip cause he got like 4 12's, 1000 watt amp, crossovers and shit!!! Just my two cents keep it movin:

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
yo i understand that tha "tipsy" beat was made to shake asses in the club, but its just they didnt just take the neptunes style of makin beats....they took tha actual beat and then added the rise from "roc the mic". Both Just Blaze and The Neptunes should get royalties off of it. Thats like me takin Through the Fire by Chaka Khan and combining it with House it not Home By Luther songs sampled in Through the wire and slow jams respectively and callin it my own beat...not really a good example since those songs are not Kanye's they are the oringnal artist's,but yall see my point right....anywho im done with my venting...Trackboyz make money, J rilla make money,everybody make money.

ill o.g.
Damn, might be a little behind on this. I never got the J-Kwon album so i didnt know the Trackboyz made the Tipsy beat. I was gettin pissed at Jermaine Dupri. I thought JD made the Tipsy beat. Im not arguin, you guys are probly right about trackboyz doin it.

J Ril,
I agree. I think that Just Blaze and the Neptuness should get royalties for them tracks though.

FuriousMusic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The bad part about it is people dont care they still running out and buying it. Alot of producers have figured out that if you copy or sample things people are fimiliar with then they will buy it. If i was the nep and just i would be knocking on there door saying "fuck you pay me"

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If i was the nep and just i would be knocking on there door saying "fuck you pay me"

why they didn't steal anything, if that's the case everybody that uses a tr 808 kick should pay D-NICE for stealing his beats! Actually when Pharell made the grinding beat he said he was taking it back to the essence, we haven't heard a beat from him like that one again, so don't get mad at the Track Girlz for giving the people what they want, and the people want it or else they wouldn't not be buying it!

FuriousMusic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
With the tipsy beat it not the case of them using the same instruments cause producers do that everyday. It s about coming up with new ideas not copying what someone else did and adding a couple extra sounds. i guess its ok if you like being a follower than a leader.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
I'm bacc and about to SPIT SOME SHIT. I don't give a rat's ass who says what, QUIT HATIN. for real. You want to produce? REALLY PRODUCE! you sick of people not having the connects? ARE YOU SICK OF NOT HAVING THE CONNECTS!??!??!?

MAKE THEM. Do everything you can to PUSH your STYLE and FUCK what ANYBODY THINKS. you know whats hot, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU LOVE. QUIT HATIN!!! MAKE THE FUCKN CHEDDAR!!!

DO THIS! MOTIVATE!! BELIEVE THAT NOONE IS BIGGER, NOONE CAN DO IT BETTER THAN YOU EVEN IF THEY KNOW THEY CAN! JUST DO IT! QUIT THINKIN ABOUT IT! DO THAT SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

I have found more contacts and more shit fallin into place like a puzzle these last few days of positive thinking away from the internet than EVER BEFORE! IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN DO ANYTHING, YOU CAN!!!!

GO PETER PAN! FLY BIIITCH!!!

I am not tryin to change the subject, but honestly, IF YOU WERE MAKIN 50G's A BEAT, YOU WOULD NOT GIVE HALF OF A DONKEYS NUT HOW MUCH ANYONE WAS MAKIN ON THEIRS!!!!!

You all say you hate the money but honestly, MONEY MAKES LIFE EASIER. If anyone grew up like I did, or even a middle class house, DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TAUGHT! DO NOT ROPE YOURSELF INTO YOUR OWN FUCKED UP EXISTENCE DO THAT SHIIIIT NOW AND DO IT BETTER THAN ANYONE!! !PROPEL YOUR SELF FREE YOUR MUTHA FUCKIN MIIIND!

Enough yappin, this is my POSITIVE message of the day for ALL OF YOU NEGATIVE MUGZ OUT THERE.

and I hope you became positive for even a minute because of my ramblings!!! AHAHAHAAA

AHXBEATS

AHXIMUS PRIME
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
that's the way the ball bounces

I can't knock there hustle.. There doing better than me... But I would agree that there over rated.. There tracks aint that hot.. But you don't need hot tracks to shine. You just need to be promoted well.. That's the way it is.. If a major artist spits on any of your tracks your in.. But the track has to be used for a single cut. with.. if your lucky a video.. Then your chances are ten times better than what they are right now..

X-RAY
"aka"
Jewel Avenue OX

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
I think that it has alot to do with a person and how you hold yourself... IF YOU GO INTO EVERY DEAL YOU EVER MAKE THINKIN YOU SUCK, YOU WILL NEVER MAKE SHIT. honestly, if cats think they can fuck you over, they will. If you bust thru the doors like I'M MAC DADDY, YOU BABY'S MOMMA IS HAVING MY KID NEXT, AND I AM GOING TO MAKE WHATEVER I PLEASE, and you truly believe that you are the shit, you will do NOTHING but BUBBLE EVERYWHERE YOU GO. This doesn't mean to be a stupid muthafucca about business, but know in your heart that YOU WILL MAKE IT, and you WILL DO EXACTLY THAT.

Keep a positive head and all of this shit will fall into place.

They maybe overrated, but who would care if we were all paid g's a beat

def1nition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It just doesn't seem to me that the rap game is about talent anymore as long as you got a track with good sound qaulity and it's quantized, if you know the right people you can get put on. Maybe the time I spend makin tracks I should be spending meeting people.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
or a good mix of both =)

Or someone could be real creative and learn about business strategies and RUN THE MARKET. I plan on puttin SeaTac on the map again with shit... even tv commercials, it just doesn't matter. you can DO whatever you PUT YOUR MIND TO. honestly, it doesn't matter if you haven't got talent, as long as you have WHAT IT TAKES WITHIN YOURSELF to make it happen.