Do you believe in mentors?

I too didnt really have anyone show me the ropes which isnt that bad, it just takes longer without some guidance along the way. I had to learn everything pretty much on my own through trial and error. I would say that having a mentor would definately save money and time but at the same time theres no better lesson than learning on your own.

good post,
-dac-

Yeah I agree, I had a sort of person I looked up to but they werent really a mentor, just someone I aimed to impress with my music. It took many years but eventually I started making beats that he was like hey thats pretty good. It was soon after that I became a member of Ill and found the best music creation advice I have found anywhere on the net, as well as a pretty down to earth group of people sharing ideas and offering advice. Illmuzik is a valuable resource if you lack any mentorship, we dont all know someone in the game. Become a member of ill and you soon start to find talented individuals who are not too big headed to give the little guy some advice. I found my best mentors and inspiration here at ill. Nowhere else.