do you FINISH your beats?

• Thread starter Equality 7-2521
  • Start date
E

Equality 7-2521

Once you finish a beat, do you ever touch it again? (say, if you find a sample that you think would make it much better)

i havnt finished a beat yet so im not sure what id do. i think i would probly just leave it and use the sample in a new beat.

just wondering

peace

Rob-Les

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I don't think a beat is ever finished. You can always go back and changed things as you see fit. I have beats that I've started months ago and they are still work in progress. Don't delete anything, no matter how it sounds cause you can always go back and touch it up later.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Oh yeah I feel what youre saying. I do that quite often. Sometimes you need to just step away, sometimes you need to stop and leave it alone, and sometimes you need to change somethings. In any case, going back and working on it is just as much fun.

--dac

jclay12345

JClay
ill o.g.
yeah, i've done that plenty of times. Sometimes I start a beat and then think it's wack. Then I come back a couple of weeks later, add some stuff to it, then I think it's tight.

Sober

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
In all reality a beat is finished untill an mc spits on it. Even though you might think the beat is finished you always have to adjust and make some minor changes to the beat that fit the mc. So there for untill the rhymes are laced and the beat is polished then its safe to say its complete.

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
FACT IS,
ALMOST ALL OF MY TRAKS ARE REMIXES FROM OTHER TRAKS.
IL BE LISTEIN 2 1 TRAK GET AN IDEA FROM THAT N START ANOTHER TRAK USING THE SAME STUFF OR RENAME IT.
N ALWATS TELL PEPS THE TRAK IS NEVER FINISHED.
IL KNO ITS FINISHED WHEN I CANT STOP PLAYIN THE TRAK OVER AGAIN!

voorheezMP

M.ilitia P.roductions
ill o.g.
Yeah I think any good producer who care about his craft goes that. I call the Beat Blocks sometimes i start beats an finish it a month l8a. now tha other part to that is tha ? is a beat ever done? well wit me once i lay it down pretty much it's done. unless it eeks me that bad, and it's times that it will. Like Rob- Les siad. I don't think a beat is ever finish. I can't even say when an Emcee spits to it!!

ill o.g.
I think i've only officially finished 2 beats out of all that ive made. Because theres always room for improvement. I could make a beat for someone. Put it away on a disk somewhere. Go back with an MC. They like it so then i fix it up, because ive improved since the time i made that beat.

Ive tried recently just making my beat, mixing and mastering it as good as i can then saving it, then deleting the whole project besides the finished wav. I can keep everything a lot neater/cleaner/organized that way.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
i dont really ever go back and modify i beat after i put it away. but i dont put it away until i am satisfied, so theres not too much for me to change that i think of. i'm not saying theres no room for improvement because there certainly is, but i just dont necessarily see it. if i do think of something that would have gone good though, i'll just make a new beat and incorporate a little from that previous beat, but add different shit in too so its not the same beat, just like, maybe the same bass for a part of it or something

D

dr_fr3sh

it really depends on the track. some tracks u just know are laced after a while. some tracks take days, weeks, months, years...until u get that last final perfect sound/loop/effect/hit/whatever,....

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
i always finish my beats no matter what, however long it takes. sometimes i just look through my beats and see what i can do to improve them.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
MY BEATS ARE oNLY DoNE oNCE THERES A SoNG RECoRDED.CiTY

K

Kramit

I agree wit Rob-Les. Like any form of creativity, music is something which can be added to and extended upon continueously, there is always something else u can do to a beat.

Music is a form of art and being a graphic design student I have found it to be the case when I design a logo/identity or a poster or whateva it is, there are so many possible ways a track can go and same wit a piece of design work. Thing is tho if u only do this music stuff 4 fun u dont have the deadlines which design demands, that can sometimes be a bitch!

Kramit

luxx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I get the intro and the main part of the beat done, and then when it catchs an mc's ear I try to make the complimentary to what he has in mind for the hook. This make the most sense for me because sometimes I put alot of work into a hook I like, and then an mc will come along and say I like the beat but not the hook .

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i would say i leave my beats about 75% done until i hook up with a rapper and tweak it to his liking.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
I try too finish my beats as often as i can, cause i think the most learning and creative inventiveness is found, in the finishing process, everybody can build a loop..

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
with this new age of makin music, the possibilities are endless with your midi data. it can always be freaked differently. its kinda funny sometimes what you can get with the same data.
once you begin mathmatiks, you can start solving equations.
once you have solved the equation do you forget how to do it.

E = mc's are scared

somesayismoketoomuch

members online