Do you get paid when...

ill o.g.
If i go and buy a old (for example) LL Cool J cd. Will LL get money for that? Will he know that somebody bought another one of his cds? Does it depend on what kind of contract you sign?

Also,

When a new cd comes out, and the record company puts maybe 50 of that cd in a bestbuy store. Does the record company get paid right there for all of the 50 cds? Or do the record company get paid a little every time somebody buys a copy?

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
LABELS GET PAiD WHEN SToRES BUY THE PRoDUCT.
THAT EXPLAiNS THE CERiTiFiED GoLD AND PLATiNUM LABELS.
MoS DEF'S BLACK oN BoTH SiDES WAS CERTiFiED GoLD BEFoRE iT ACTUALLY REACHED THAT LEVEL oF SALES BECAUSE WHAT THE LABEL SHiPPED AND HAD BEEN PAiD FoR BY THE RETAiLERS FoR THAT NUMBER.
AND MoS WAS EXPECTED To MoVE ATLEAST THAT MANY RECoRDS.

YoU DoNT REALLY HEAR THAT ToO MUCH NoWADAYS.

THiS ACTUALLY CRoSSED MY MiND THE oTHER DAY WHiLE i WAS DiGGiN.
AT THE REGiSTER THERE WAS A LoNE 'FEFE DoBSoN' ALBUM AND i DoNT THiNK THAT THESE LiTTLE oNE DoLLAR RECoRD SHoPS ARE SoUNDSCANNiNG WHEN THEY RiNG UP MY RECoRDS BY HAND WiTH oNE oF THEM iRS CALCULAToRS.
BUT BELiEVE THAT THESE LABELS AiNT GiViN SHiT AWAY.

RELEASE;

MadManBeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
So if the record store buys 1000 copies of a cd from the LABEL but only sells 500....what happens to the other 500, the store takes the loss? or the LABEL buys it back or what?

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
DoNT KNoW, THEY PRoBABLY LET EM SiT.
WHEN Do YoU SToP CoUNTiNG SALES???

RELEASE;

PhleX

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
tru this is some shit ive beeen wanting to know, yeh i think certified status' still happen alot these days causwe u always hear about someone shipping platinum...

Mox of Blazin'

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
u 4real? lol I like a lil' of her music (I Not enough to actually buy her CD) but I never thought about sampling her music though