Do you still buy Production related Magazines?

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
I just thought it would be good to see how many of you still actively buy production related magazines or have you stopped doing so now that you can find alot of helpful information on the net?

The main magazine which i buy monthly is 'Computer Music' www.computermusic.co.uk as i use it for learning more on the mastering side, along with finding out about the latest release's and reviews. Plus the 8gb DVD is always a good extra for videos ect...

How about yourself?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Its funny around my way but all the good magazines are from overseas and I can't seem to catch them on a regular basis. It's like some months they have them and some they never hit the shelves. I buy Computer Music, Mix and Remix whenever I catch them.

MOF

MPCaddict

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^^ yup, like dacalion, i only buy them when i see them on the stands and only after i've read through and found something interesting.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I subcribed to Computer Music. It's one of the best mags for learning computer based production techniques and they give you mad sounds and plug-ins every issue, about 8 gigs worth.
ONE

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I subcribed to Computer Music. It's one of the best mags for learning computer based production techniques and they give you mad sounds and plug-ins every issue, about 8 gigs worth.
ONE

I give the loudest co-Sign on Computer Music!!

Free sounds and free info. For a super Newb like myself, Computer Music is like going to an audio class where I learn about mad things related to getting better at this craft we call music.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i read mix and remix usually, sometimes sound on sound also.

remix is pretty much free online though so there's no point in paying to subscribe imo

T

TheMost

I rarely do, i gte some info on the net. I do go chekc them out in the store tho but i mean with technology today and all the information on the net i think 10$+ is a little expensive for my budget.

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
I uusually check out remix and thats it pretty much now ...

http://www.dabeat.com

Been talking to the owner and it seems their gonna be grabbing all hip hop
releated articles and interviews from all the magazines and providing them
on the site ... seems like if done right it can take off and be a nice site ...

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
I did'nt expect so many of you being into '' Computer Music '' with it being from the UK and alot of you coming from oversea's. It's a good mag, they also have one called 'Future Music' but i've never really checked that out as the CM seems to be there main one.

I picked up for the first time last week '' Sound On Sound '' but i thought it was a waste of money from what i learn't for the size of it, but i guess that is mainly due to it being more focused on hardware users.

I've never seen any of the Mix & Remix - MusicTech out here before, i take it that there US based?

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
buy? i ain't got the cash to spend on a $10-$14 mag no matter how good.

when i'm at a mag/book store i'll read it, but i can read it online for some (and in some less than savoury ways) and my school gets free magz like 'recording' and 'keyboard' (about 30-40), just have to be quick to grab it before it's gone, plus back issues in their library of mix, pro. sound, etc including some defunct magz.

the last dime i shelled out for a mag was like 3 years ago when i got my computer. it was either future or computermusic.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
buy? i ain't got the cash to spend on a $10-$14 mag no matter how good.

I feel you...I cant afford that shit either but sometimes I make sacrifices cheif. Instead of copp'n a quarter-sack I'll just get a dime and spend the rest on publications and little knick knacks I need for my $400 studio and whatnot. ha! ha!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I LIKE MUSIC TECH MAG BETTER BECAUSE OF ALL THE FREE SHIT THEY GIVE YOU ON THE DVDS. AND ITS BASED OUT OF THE UK...HERES THE WEBSITE:

http://www.musictechmag.co.uk/

Yeah forgot about that one, they give away drum kits too, matter of fact I got my first drumkit CD from Music Tech. A very good magazine indeed, they always have good articles and tons of recording/mixing/mastering tips!

MOF

Sonorous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I use to get Scratch but when XXL took over shit got wack they start having all this rapper on the cover. It just when down hill from there!

members online