Do You Suffer For This?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
man, i am stupid!!!!! i got financial problems for days right now because i bought my motif rack. it was part bad timing, part unforseeable events, and part irresponsibility- BUT I HAVE MY MOTIF RACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and boy is it woth the short tterm pain... i hope!!!!

do you guys ever starve because of your music? i sure have, when i got my mpc. i ate noodles for a month. i am paying off a stupid fine right now plus i am trying to move, but i sold my XP 80 and wanted to replace it right away and.......... you know the rest, pretty much!! any of you have similar experience? :suicide: :imwithstu :whiner:

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
i just got the motif rack 2 i love it... though i can't save my multis cuz i haven't had time read the manual...

i live on a daily hustle cuz of my equipment... my dogs ride out everynight.. but i'm at guitar center or some mom/ pop shop.. D.I.T.C. ing..
i feel u.......

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
spending money

YES! no doubt. Probally with the exception of Bill Gates, all of us have suffered in one way or another over buying gear. It's definately not priced for anybody to have. I was thinking of starting a thread on just that subject but I think you have hit it on the head. I'm not a rich man but I make good money and everytime I buy something new I think to myself "#^%$*". Don't feel bad bro, we all feel it or we wouldn't be inspiring producers.

money spent--http://hometown.aol.com/audiofactorone/AFONE.html

holla,--dac

C

Copenhagen

Hell yeah...(well not anymore)...but when I was a DJ I had to have every record...which meant that I spend all my dough on records and often had nothing left to live of...one time it even resulted in me using 2 months rent money and getting thrown on the street.
Today, I'm more sensible...I can't adjust to that type of living anymore...but I have bank credit and small loans to finance my needs...so I'm somehow paying for it...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
geez..... i thought there would have been a bigger response to this one!!!!! (weeps uncontrollably......)

B

BeatOff

Word when i would dj parites and clubs i'd be broke as a joke 24/7 until i got paid then it would go right back into records. Now you buy in bulk and your broke gradually.

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
i'm still suffering -- lol

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yes, I remember going downtown and having $10 in my pocket and I was trying to decide whether I should go get a burger, or buy a 12".

I bought the 12". Can't remember which one that was though!

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
my mom just told me that I'm a white, middle-class kid...

(seriously, she just did so, 'cause I was listening to some Mobb Deep shit...)

B

Beatbrigade

i dropped 1500 on an mpc when i was in school, it broke me but you can't buy the feeling i felt when I opened that box for the first time!!!!!!!:)

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm a college student who comes from a single parent family. Every semester I use my student loans to beef up my studio. I figure fuck it, I'm gonna owe $40,000g's when I'm done with school, but I'll have $20,000g's worth of equipment, a new car, eat good, sleep good, take a few trips for spring break, and have a bachelors in buisness management when I'm done. I guess its all about sacrfice. My biggest problem though is balancing homework and producing.

J

joblack00

Since I got into producing at the beginning of the summer I been spending crazy dough just to get my weight up and pick up for lag time. I kept thinking about making beats.

I wanted to get an MPC and I probably still wouldn’t have one if I didn’t discover Illmuzik and get Fruity Loops and Cool Edit all at “reasonable prices”. I think the post about mastering your equipment put things in perspective for me. As a producer you always feel cutting edge is the best. But on a broke budget as we all know it’s not. I try and buy reasonable things. But I always buy on impulse. Like today I got to make it to Friday on $29. And on my lunch break I wandered into one of my favorite music shops and was on the verge of spending all that on CD’s and the likes but I settled for getting some decent grub at a reasonable price down to ($24 for the week).

Also I have developed what type of music I want to sample from. Before I was just buying stuff for the name sake or if I heard someone singing I thought I could use it. I look at a lot of the stuff I buy and see I can’t even use it or have developed the capacity to use it. So I chill on it and try and buy stuff I know I can work with immediately. Nothing worse than stockpiling on records and Cd's and looking at them like why the hell did I buy that. It takes discipline which I don’t have but I learned to force myself by even hiding my charge card to prevent myself from blowing dough. Being an adult can kinda suck. I think the worse feeling I get each month is writing my $550 rent check. And knowing my bloodsucker landlord is probably blowing that money on prostitutes and beer while I stay poor.

But the best feeling I have is working on a beat like I did all weekend and finally perfecting and sitting where ever you are and blasting it over and over in your head phones picturing the whole world bumping ya ish one day! Peace! I am leaving work now. Back to the lab!!!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
i just paid off my fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will be driving in a few weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joeblack, everyone is iller than you!:thumb: :booty: