Does anyone use Ableton Live

H

hitechfunk

Does anyoen use Ableton Live. I just got V5 its pretty sweet. I know there is a way to chop up samples in it but I just dont Know how to do it, any tips on this..

And why does Fuity loops get so much love, Ableton will the FL out the water ...

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
I've used Fl

U can chop sounds un the Sequencer erasing what you dont want keeping what you do want

or u can install a Plugin Sampler (like a Chopper) to do that aswell

Not sure why Fl is love its what people learned all in there taste love it or hate long as it gets there job done i could care less

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
hitechfunk said:
And why does Fuity loops get so much love, Ableton will the FL out the water ...

I used to use Live 4, and I even posted how dope it was, but I have since switched back to FL. I just like FL better.

-Ctrl

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I have heard alot of good things about ableton and I would like to see that program in action.. Until then though, It's Fruity Loops 'til I hit the dirt!!!! :evil:

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
hitechfunk said:
Does anyoen use Ableton Live. I just got V5 its pretty sweet. I know there is a way to chop up samples in it but I just dont Know how to do it, any tips on this..

yeah. i'm a faithful ableton user. you can chop up samples in the sequencer. lug ins are good for that as well. there's plenty of free vst's for sample chopping. i use recycle myself. but yeah. fuck fruity. hehe (waits for backlash from fruity lovers)

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
mercurywaters said:
yeah. i'm a faithful ableton user. you can chop up samples in the sequencer. lug ins are good for that as well. there's plenty of free vst's for sample chopping. i use recycle myself. but yeah. fuck fruity. hehe (waits for backlash from fruity lovers)

Fuck FL?!?!!? YOu Bastard! lol,,I never used Ableton,,,now I heard its easierthen FL? Say it isnt so?

OffSet

HIpHOP
ill o.g.
Just One TO Speak on the ableton, which is one of my main sequencer for creating my beats, I would like to say Live 5 is the Best, and to answer your question TRY Split and Consolidation function to chop

Offset

Dolius

ill o.g.
live 5 + mpc

im a longtime mpc user, and am investing on g5 mac and also thinking of getting live 5. heres the question, will the computer and live5 together kill my mpc using? any smooth ways to keep mpc essential while constructing music on live 5? i'd love to use both but is it worth it..

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Dolius said:
im a longtime mpc user, and am investing on g5 mac and also thinking of getting live 5. heres the question, will the computer and live5 together kill my mpc using? any smooth ways to keep mpc essential while constructing music on live 5? i'd love to use both but is it worth it..

you could use the mpc as a controller for live or just midi it up to the computer. you don't really need to have both but it won't hurt

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I use Ableton Live as well it's a good investment.

I still chop samples with recycle or if I'm working on something in Live 5, I edit the sample and link up to my audio editor (I selected Soundforge as my editor inside of Live) and then chop away. Import your samples back into Live and get busy, I'm sure there are better ways of doing this but I do it this way. I also use FL Studio 5 with Live 5 it's a killer combo they compliment each other nicely.

D

DAVE-ILL

I havn't used it yet but I plan on getting a copy and using it for mix tapes.

members online

No members online now.