does this sound outrageous or do u think people would be intrested

Blunt604

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
i was thinking of ways to make money because i am trying to invest in gettin features on mybeats..... do u think a deal where you could buy 600 GB of full soul albums full discography all ill soul artists ever and MAD rare shit of soul albums would attract customers. if so how much do you guys think a good price would be. i been collecting for years. i would be doing this buy having the customer buy the external hard drive then putting all the musiconto it then mailing it. what do yall think

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
sounds like a good idea... ur biggest problem would be setting an optimal price and ensuring that there were truly rare samples on there. Nobody would want to buy no marvin gaye or nothing they could find on ******** or sample blogs. I pay a monthly fee for a sample resource (that I wont name) already in addition to always digging as normal. I got no problem paying for stuff as long as its good quality.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
its a good idea and I've heard of cats doing this before but not lately. They were using like 1 gig thumbdrives but that was when 1 gig was big. Anyway, your problem would be providing music that you couldn't find on the free download sites and sending music to someone unknown even on a low scale.

I wouldn't suggest it. Too big of a risk right now.

dac

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I was approached by a guy online who is in Europe somewhere and he sent me a message about this same idea. He was selling a hard drive with about 400 rare albums converted to digital format for about 400 bucks. Man if I had the money I would have bought that immediately. He sent me photos of his basement where he had all the records and the transaction was through paypal so it was pretty legit. If there is foul play you can file a complaint and get a refund (which just happened to me recently....fuck Mexico) any way......

The real reason I did not buy the drive was because I still have tons of shit to go through that I have found in the VIP section. Breakonomics, Dusty Fingers, Apple loops, Blunt Get Your Crates Up Volumes and Sonic Refills. There is just too much shit to filter through. I think I will hit the guy up for a drive in March.

As far as making money from it though, my worry would be, once you sell a few, what is to stop those other cats from making money off your idea? They can buy hard drives and then copy the data and sell it too. That is just more money out of your pocket.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
dacalion; said:
its a good idea and I've heard of cats doing this before but not lately. They were using like 1 gig thumbdrives but that was when 1 gig was big. Anyway, your problem would be providing music that you couldn't find on the free download sites and sending music to someone unknown even on a low scale.

I wouldn't suggest it. Too big of a risk right now.

dac

Unless of course you send it all to me to review first ;-)

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
i was thinking of ways to make money because i am trying to invest in gettin features on mybeats..... do u think a deal where you could buy 600 GB of full soul albums full discography all ill soul artists ever and MAD rare shit of soul albums would attract customers. if so how much do you guys think a good price would be. i been collecting for years. i would be doing this buy having the customer buy the external hard drive then putting all the musiconto it then mailing it. what do yall think

yo fuck that illegal bullshyt thas a bangin idea and i want to buy it

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Sounds like a decnet idea to me if you can keep it at a reasonable price. especially with an ext. harddrive..

also if its all recorded from vinyl or something, not like downloaded mp3s that everyone already has access to.

Blunt604

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
there is a community of people i know who all buy and rip vinyl of rare 70s soul. alot of these records cost up in the neighborhood of 2000$ each. anyways not the ones in this picture i just took a random screen shot of one of the folders that only 50 gigs out of the 600 GB i got. and thats 950 LP's so i got like 10 thousand soul LP's

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Some dude does this shit on Soundclick.
About 200-300GB of Soul, Jazz, Funk samples, for around $300 I think.

Hell Got Damn, 600gb 600gb 600 fucking GB, (in Doc Emmet Brown Voice - Back To The Future)
If I had the money I would be VERY much interested. If you ever come up with a price let me know and Ill see if I can get saving up for it. I think the biggest issue would be trust, especially for people that havent dealt with you before. But having already done business with you myself, Id be a fool to miss an opportunity like that. I wish I had the hard copies tho, that would get me creaming in my pants. But I couldnt afford that, I might eventually be able to afford the digital versions, especially the way the dollar is going against the pound right now.

members online