Does wealth make you special?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
This is a 2 part question...

Part 1

If you are in the low income or middle class, do you think that the ultra wealthy class (lets say 80 million plus) should have special treatment as far as...car dealerships like Mercedes, BMW, or Bentley give them their top of the line vehicles for free? (which they do)... or...Be able to call the owner of a restuarant while its closed and have it opened just for them to eat free at?...or...Get special treatment in 5 star Hotels such as free stays in the best rooms availiable just because they got money? But yet youre a regular and have to pay regular price.

Part 2

If you were this rich, would you expect this kind of service just because of your financual status?

dac

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
1. Money is not a badge for status, true wealth, or special treatment IMO. There are many who think it is but I disagree. Its still just paper that you give a meaning to, and the same goes for all the other material items you put value on....their still all just "stuff" to put it plainly. Loving the people in your life that care for you and simply doing whatever it is that makes you a happy, better person is whats most important in the end if you ask me....everything else is trivial.

2. If I was rich I certainly wouldnt expect to be treated any differently then I am now. By doing so you automatically attach negative baggage to your life thats not needed. I believe in Karma too, so IMO thats one of the worst things you can do to fuck your karma game up.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
So should artists that are top 40 have to buy there gear or should they get it for free? Because you know they do not.

On another note, most (over 90%) of millionaires in america are born of middle class family's and are first generation self made millionaires. So they do earn it.

hmmm....

hanayalator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11
Well I think it's obvious that you shouldn't be treated differently due to your income. However I think we all know that people ARE treated differently because of their income, and that will never change. At the very core of it however, it's just business. For example, rockstars don't pay for their gear, because the gear companies want their consumers to see these rockstars playing their specific guitar or mic or whatever. And if you were a rockstar, I'm sure you wouldn't want to be paying a guitar, because you know a certain amount of people out there are playing guitars because of you. It doesn't make the whole notion right, but it's going to happen.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Why is it not right? Both parties get something they want, advertising and a free guitar (in your example) It seems everyone wins.

When a restaurant is opened (IE the first post example) it is in hopes that the restaurant will get future business and endorsements from the wealthy person and his friends. Its sure is cheaper than advertising and much more powerful.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Ive got mixed feelings about this...I agree that we're all equal as humans but when it comes to doing business, it is smart to have wealthy people in your corner. There are ALOT of benefits gained by being close to wealthy people and theres no better way than swapping favors. If I owned a business that I could use as leverage towards favor of someone rich, I would. I wouldnt kiss their @$$ but as long as they are speaking on my behalf or bringing me loot in then its ok to me.

If I were rich and able to help any of you just by endorsing your product, I would do it not looking for anything in return. If you offered me something in return that I wanted or needed, I would take it.

dac

booya_nang

A breath of fre$h air!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 76
1. Money is not a badge for status, true wealth, or special treatment IMO. There are many who think it is but I disagree. Its still just paper that you give a meaning to, and the same goes for all the other material items you put value on....their still all just "stuff" to put it plainly. Loving the people in your life that care for you and simply doing whatever it is that makes you a happy, better person is whats most important in the end if you ask me....everything else is trivial.

2. If I was rich I certainly wouldnt expect to be treated any differently then I am now. By doing so you automatically attach negative baggage to your life thats not needed. I believe in Karma too, so IMO thats one of the worst things you can do to fuck your karma game up.

This hits the nail on the head for me, exactly how I feel

yungboss

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
In my opinion, u reap what u sew. If u are wealthy and can afford the finer luxuries then why not get it but it doesnt mean u should be priveledged despite your financial advantage.

If u are poor, work towards getting rich and obtaining the finer luxuries.

Overall though, financial wealth doesnt mean much and in most cases money does not equal power. Intelligent leaders are powerful. People with money jus get their ass kissed by those who want money. And totalitarians instill fear into others to obtain power. If u focus on enriching yourself I guarrantee u will live a better life.

So no simplicity is key.....rich people are the same as poor people with the exeption of bank numbers and it should always be that way

yungboss

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
If I was a millionnaire...I would try to mask it as much as possible unless FAME came with my financial success....but having money and being rich doesn't make you special...it just gets you treated that way.

U hitt it rite on the nose brutha

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Well doesnt "getting treated special" make you special? You may not be special in music production or brain surgery but you are special when it comes to (if nothing else) being treated special.

right?

dac

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
people who we are really special to don't cater to us like that...even if I had all the money in the world...I dont think my brother or my sister or my cousins would change their attitude towards me...they might ask for more shit...but I doubt THEY would start kissing my ass just cuz I got dough...they would probably feel "entitled" in a way...but its the "outsiders" that seek to make you a part of THEIR hustle by kissing your ass, gassin ya head up and whatnot and then setting you up for failure when you dont cater to them as they feel you should. But as far as me being famous and Bentley wants to give ma car to drive...they are really not kissing my ass...its a marketing scheme that the company is using to sell more cars to rich people. If this ever happened to me I would notice my worth at the dealers table and try to get two cars instead of one. But money gets you treated special and that it. If you walk around THINKING your'e someone special just cuz you got money (ARROGANCE)...well we all know that thats the main ingredient to HATE...I'm talking the kind of hate that makes you a target.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
If I became a millionaire, I'd expect the treatment the others get....If people are willing to give you shit for free because you're so wealthy, that's on them....No offense to yall, but all of you (don't take offense) act very humbly at this point, but when you get that money, your perception on a lot of things change as well as your attitudes...and I'm not singling anyone out...maybe I'm wrong....but I feel that some people would switch it up....

Put it like this...If I became that rich....I'd still be the same Sucio I've always been...but a little more cocky and arrogant and a piece of shit to those who've doubted me and talked shit......Shit...the amount of rich people who are nice and generous and humble are the minority in that social and economic bracket....the assholes are the ones that get the bread.....Even the nice ones have fucked some people over on their way up.....

No they shouldn't get shit for free because they're wealthy...they should be paying MORE... But until then...they'll get the free shit...and I'd expect the same when I get there as well....holla..

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
@ Sucio - I can dig that. All I'll say tho is just remember where you come from and be true to that. For me anyways, thats what grounds me in life. Thats not to say I wouldn't appreciate enjoying having the ability to buy a new car whenever I see fit, or taking my family out to dinner whenever I feel like it if I had the funds to do so since I would be rich "hypothetically", but just remembering the humility Ive been taught thanks to my folks, my environment, life lessons, and my upbringing - constantly reminds me that I know who I am and I dont need material shit to validate that.

Its hard to put into words what Im trying to say here but I think most of you will grasp what Im getting at hopefully. I just feel like humble beginnings tend to breed a humble mindstate, and staying grounded upon that no matter how much money your worth is very important to me personally.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
The biggest problem is that we cannot predict how we will act if we have millions of dollars. Money changes people in big ways. I'm not saying that this applies to everyone, because it doesn't. I've observed a close friend since elementary school gradually become less of a friend over the years because of his pursuit of 'wealth & happiness". Money can jade people, but it can also provide benefits. In regards to the question, I'm not used to special attention or rewards, so who knows, maybe I would enjoy it, but if I was wealthy beyond any measure, than I'd do my best to give back.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
"the assholes are the ones that get the bread.....Even the nice ones have fucked some people over on their way up."

I disagree, I it is a flaw in thinking and misunderstanding of capitalism that leads people to believe that you have to screw someone over to get to the top. Capitalism is actually mutually beneficial transactions. IE If you buy an MPC from Guitar Center is AKAI or Guitar Center screwing you over? I don't believe so. They make a profit they need to pay employees, keep the lights on, open new stores ETC and you get the MPC you wanted. Take my hero Warren Buffet he is as honest as the day is long and has no interest in even working with unethical people and yet he is the richest (or second richest depending on the year) person in the world.

Good stuff :)

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
in regards to FP

1. Its not fair to you perhaps, but its business, a wealthy client is a keeper...any entrepeneur will do
freebies to maintain their best clients so that they will come back or to promote his business through
word o mouth (check las vegas lol). Face it, some people are just filthy rich and most arent, whats key
to anyone regardless of income is to be satisfied in the way they live their life and money has nothing
to do with that.

2. If you have that money than yes, i would expect that. But that really depends where you expect that
treatment. Its a customer relation that needs to build up. Without that a billionaire gets the same
treatment like a middle class would (though that will also depend where a billionaire shops).

Then again, i know a few people that are filthy rich but live a humble lifestyle. They have a certain luxury ofc but you wont see them at the Millionaire's Fair in moscow. They dont assume that they're getting freebies and if they did they wouldnt always except it since they could afford it. This has to do with the fact that not all millionaire are blind consumers. They'll find that way of getting lured into purchases actually kind of offensive. These are the same millionaires that you might discover to be cheeky and tight on the wallet but that's imo a sober point of perspective. Not every one feels the need buy whatever because they have the money so in that some millionaires dont differ that much from the middle classer.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
This is a bit off subject but those of you that say money wouldnt change you are in denial. There is NO way on earth that your bank account can go from $100 to $100000000 and it not change you unless you are paralyzed with no next of kin or a good friend. It may not change SOME of your beliefs or morals (notice I said "some") but it will change almost every other aspect of your life.

If you think differently, you're only fooling yourself. The system is made for financial failure...you make money, and you give it back with interest. The entire economy depends on this. Our economy is controled by credit companies. When people use credit the economy is fine, when people stop, our economy struggles. Even americas' deficit is based on credit.

So how do they do it? Anything that you MUST have is going to cost you more than the original price. Homes, Cars, gas, and food are just the beginning. The ONLY exception to this is being rich enough to pay for everything that you MUST have with cash. With cash you get "deals", you get treated "special" because you ARE "special", you dont live by the same rules or criteria that everyone else lives.

Money changes you! It cant be avoided. With wealth, doors that you didnt even know existed open for you like walking up to a Macys entrance. You are rich, you have nothing to lose, come on in and spend, spend, spend. Its all about taking your money and making you feel good about spending it. Name one store or establishment that will not open for you at 4am on Christmas Day if you guaranteed them that you were gonna spend a million bucks before you left.

Thats too much for even you humble cats that swear that money wont change you to handle...lol.

dac

members online