Does Your Muzik=Your Personality?

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well...does it??

I think it does. IMO, once you get to the point in creating your music where you can get your ideas out, i think your personality will show.

what do you think?

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I have to agree. Most of the music I really like is not based on its creative achievement as much as I like the character and personality in the music. I admire groups like Blackalicious and emcees like Aesop Rock for their ability but I pick guys like Black Rob and Camron and Erick Sermon because of the flavor and character of their muzik.

This is why so many emcees and producers are feeling themselves so much. Its not so much that they are stuck on themselves, they just are naturally gonna like what they are doing because it is an extention of themselves and their character.

E

Equality 7-2521

sometimes. i make all my beat by trial and error. and once ive made the draft of the beat i try to exagerate the mood the beat wants to be. so if it wants to be sad i try to make it sound like somone you loved just died. so even if i feel happy at the time, ill still make that sad beat.

my beats dont always represent how i feel but it represents my creativity.

so i wouldnt say it represents my personality as much as my creativity.

i think MCs are more likely to represent their personalities in their music while a producer should be able to make all kinds of styles so as to let all those different kind of MCs express themselves to the fullest. and im not saying a producer if a servent of an MC.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
alyeah i would have to agree p-boy. i mean thats what its all about right .. taking sounds, samples whatever and molding them wit your input and expressing ourself through the music.. i feel every beat i make expresses me .. even if its wack it still came from my thoughts ideas and ndividuality .. yesterday one o my boys came to my houde and we were checkin out beats that i havent finished yet.. its funny because we had such different thoughts on what the end the end product was going to be like... so yes i would say that the music is heavily influenced by your personality

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Since i don't usually make tracks to please myself I work on projects so I get a lot of feedback from artists and sometimes examples of the production they need to fit their sound, but I think just starting out making beats it probably comes from your own imagination or trying to emulate beats that other people make...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I think my beats are pieces of myself, based on how I'm feelin that day.

When I'm writin music, it depends what kind of mood I'm in. If I see somthin messed up on the news(which is always) I write about that. When I come home from work, I have to go through a really bad part of my city so if I do write as soon as I get home I write about that. But, writin music and creatin music go hand in hand IMO, and I think we all put a lil bit of ourselves into our music. Thats why its an artform.

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
I feel my music when I write it, I put my life into stories in it so I guess that it is an extension of my personality and myself, sometimes when I walk in a studio and have been plannin to do a certain track Im not feelin in that mood at the time so I just go with the flow of things and record what I can vibe with at the time (thats why I love yall producers who can make beats on the spot or have a few backups ready), by the way anybody else get a link to another site whenever you use the word elf like myself ourself? This computer brings me to this lord of the rings site, wierd:alien:

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
with MCs i definalty think your personality does. as far as prodution, at least for me it does. some beats may be out of the norm for me, but when u listen to the majority of my beats, they care laid back, smooth, jazzy, ect. when i listen to the majoroity of some of you all's beats, i can kinda tell how you all are.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i think theres always going to be sumthing that shows ur personality and individuality in everything u create whether its music or not everyone has a different way of doing things and when ur being creative its shows !

B.Hawk

THE PRIVATE
ill o.g.
i just really go with the flow. i start bangin on the keys and if a hot melody comes out then i just build from there

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
i tink yeh, muzik=personality in mos cases. by listenin 2 a few beatz of some1 i reckon we'd b able to tell wat kinda person da producer is. 4xample i find dat at times wen im really happy i jus cnt wait to get dat in musical form, so i get ma bright sounds ready. or at times wen am angry i jus wana make sum hard drumz , deep base wit dem hard stringz. n wen am chillin i can look 4 sum jazz samples and space soundz n am off

members online

No members online now.