Donuts in the Rain

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
Hi guys, i'm trying something new this week. Absolutely no samples, working on chords and swinging live instrumentation (recorded with midi keyboard). Looking for honest feedback because i'm new to this style of beat. Thank you all

Nothing here yet.

Last edited:

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
I was like ohhhh damn he automated the drums to slowly come in out of lowpass and then the pause and i was
Washington Wizards Bruhh GIF by NBC Sports Washington

Everything wah-wah based is dope af on the beat except the piano. I mean it kinda fits the vibe but the melody doesnt want to fuse fully with the beat, only the first 4 notes fit in really good, the rest of the piano is also kinda building up a mess in the lower end, maybe thats just me.
Maybe just strip the rest and use those 4 notes at the beginning of the piano occasionally through the beat like

ding-ding-ding-DING little pause and maybe like the same 4 notes but just reversed going from high to low. I feel like that would be DOPE AF.

And you could try to sliiiiightly boost some of the higher frequencies in the EQ maybe in the 6000-10000hz range, prolly will be trial and error but i think you could get a little bit crisp in your beat when you have those gritty and beefy drums and the wah-wah synth plays a little bit more clear. Hope you can understand what i mean.

The vibe is there, the beat wants to live, it is alive, just need that little smack on the back to finally start breathing. Nawwhaimsayin? :ROFLMAO:

Hi guys, i'm trying something new this week. Absolutely no samples, working on chords and swinging live instrumentation (recorded with midi keyboard). Looking for honest feedback because i'm new to this style of beat. Thank you all

Nothing here yet.

Nice one for trying something different. Some nice experimentation here.
The mix and levels need work, I feel the piano is too loud in the mix and clashes.

The way you brought the beat in was nice and the wah wah sound made it funky.

Keep experimenting

really feeling this, it captures that west coast funk vibe. Cant think of anything really constructive, so listening again.
I agree on the brightening up the high end, just on the hats really IMO, that should cover it and just extend those frequencies out a bit. I like that piano, love the wah's. Dope beat, nice work.

members online

No members online now.