UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I think perception plays a big role in some of this but lets say that it didn't.

I don't rap but if I did and I were doing an album with John Doe as a feature on one of my tracks, and John Doe ripped his verse while my verse was mediocre at best...one of several things would happen...

1. I would request that John Doe toned it down a little...(it is my album so I'm gonna control it's content).

2. I would redo my verse to get it up to par with JD's verse.

3. The track wouldn't make the final cut.

I can't imagine anyone just allowing a newcomer to 'murder them on their own sh*t'. If I were a rapper and my skills weren't honed properly, I wouldn't even entertain the thought of having a spoiler in the first place. That just doesn't make sense on my part.

This was a great write but at the same time, it just wouldn't be sensible to go to a gun fight with a knife. This reminds me of what LL did to Canibus. LL had already done his verse, then Canibus spit some hot ish on the track. LL got offended, went back and told Canibus to redo his ish and he did...then LL redid has verse basically dissing what Canibus originally said. lol!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Little Brother has been around for a minute. Maybe they should blame there fans for not putting them on the level they feel they should be on. If Kanye or Drake personally told dude that they look up to him and his music that should be more than good enough. I don't think Drake nor Ye will miss a deposit to there bank accounts for articles like this. All the parties are good at what they do. I don't think Ye or Drake totally copied his style...they just borrowed from it and injected some of there own. That's the history of hip hop. If Little Brother doesn't have the success of Drake or Kanye is it there fault? I think not.....

The whole concept of Jayz Renegade track was not his style in my opinion...there's a reason he wanted Em on it....even Jay knew it was more an Em style beat. People like the guy that wrote that article is the reason why we'll probably never hear collabs like that again. There's always gotta be a riff in hip hop......

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Especially on your own record...

You would think Jay would murk this record....

But you could tell TI wrote his verse after hearing the other verses..

I would never tell an artist to tone their verse down. "Dude..don't be so dope on the record" The better the quality...the better the record..... Step your game up....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiS9-yPvBnY"]T.I. (Ft. Kanye West, Jay-Z, and Lil Wayne) - Swagga Like Us - YouTube[/ame]

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I would never tell an artist to tone their verse down. "Dude..don't be so dope on the record" The better the quality...the better the record..... Step your game up....

Thats why I said it's a matter of perspective...you wouldn't let this cat outshine you on your own sh*t either. All MC's aren't created equal therefore it reverts back to something has to change or the track doesn't make the final cut.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I don't rap but if I did and I were doing an album with John Doe as a feature on one of my tracks, and John Doe ripped his verse while my verse was mediocre at best...one of several things would happen...

I agree with everything you said, I think thats actually why alot of collabs dont come out or even get done.

The whole concept of Jayz Renegade track was not his style in my opinion...there's a reason he wanted Em on it....even Jay knew it was more an Em style beat. People like the guy that wrote that article is the reason why we'll probably never hear collabs like that again. There's always gotta be a riff in hip hop......

agreed with everything. Side note: Renegades was originally Eminem and Royce da 59, Jay needed a track for the album and someone played that song, Jay wanted it, and Royce's verse got taken off. I agree the track wasnt his style, at all, especially with Em on it. Nor was the "You got killed on your own shit" stigma around, it was about the music and the messege. On a bunch of songs, people would always say they like "___" verse better, but you gotta blame Nas for turning it into a diss worthy mention and the fans for making it into a huge deal now.

I try to murder whoever I'm on a track with. Real talk. It's the mentality you need to have as an emcee.

So if you get murdered, what do you do? Put it out or trash it?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I see where Dac is coming from.... but my question is this..

Why would you put out shit you feel is mediocre?

Same goes with production...if I'm working on a project and the artist has other producers on it...I want my track to be played the most....I want people to say "yeah that album was dope....but did you hear that fuckin beat that sucio did? Oh shit" That's how I gets it done.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I mean it's just mediocre rappers out there...picture Kanye trying to hang with Busta Bus lyrically? Thats murder! LMAO.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Here's the thing...with Kanye and Busta.... They can rap together because they're nice in their own ways....Kanye is more swag and Busta is well...Busta.... And Kanye can actually hold his own lyrically....

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I think Kanye is good at what he does but theres a BIG difference between a rapper and a lyricist. I would even say that Kanye is more successful than Busta but Kanye lyrically going toe to toe with Busta is impossible.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Here's the thing...with Kanye and Busta.... They can rap together because they're nice in their own ways....Kanye is more swag and Busta is well...Busta.... And Kanye can actually hold his own lyrically....

Word.....

If Kanye was UNDERGROUND dudes would be saying at every turn how dope he is lyrically. When u go commercial and get that money it's automatic that u get shit'd on by a sector of the hip hop community. Kanye does what he needs to do lyrically to sell records and earn a great living but I would never say he's not lyrically gifted. He could hold his own with many in the game. To me Busta is not a lyrical beast....his whole style makes him a monster. His rapid fire delivery, voice and lyrics put him in a league of his own but I don't listen to his lyrics and be like "oh shit...did u hear that".

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
He does say some shit in his records that have me like "ahh this nigga"...

I would agree as well that what makes Busta dope is the entire package *pause* Plus that dude on remixes is guaranteed money...

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think Busta is naaaaaasty but his lyricism is waaaaaaaay overrated...how many times you gonna say shake and bake em and never fake em in your fast raps?