Dr.dre's hp envy 15 beats limited edition laptop

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Wow, that's great specs for a laptop, the i7 and 16g's are powerful! It's a shame that Protools is not giving any information on their efforts to go 64bit, I got 16 gigs with my system before I realized that few programs are supported by 64bit OS's. So, I got 4 2-gig sticks in my closet waiting for technology to catch up.. should have researched it though//

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Yeah..the specs are great...

I think it would run way too hot in my opinion....

I can't wait to get my MB Pro..

If I had the money...I'd get the laptop, though...not for the studio, but for personal use and mobile production....

JKIEYZ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah..the specs are great...

I think it would run way too hot in my opinion....

I can't wait to get my MB Pro..

If I had the money...I'd get the laptop, though...not for the studio, but for personal use and mobile production....

Hopefully apple will have an update to the MB Pro with i7's but who knows when that will happen

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I wouldn't feel comfortable with a laptop in my production center, maybe i'm just old. I upgraded my pc last month with the i7, Asus P6T MB and 16 gigs of ram for about a thousand bucks... I know this laptop has to be around $2000+. Just something to make note of.. it's nice being able to upgrade.. I learned how to do everything from pc tutorials as-well

JKIEYZ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I wouldn't feel comfortable with a laptop in my production center, maybe i'm just old. I upgraded my pc last month with the i7, Asus P6T MB and 16 gigs of ram for about a thousand bucks... I know this laptop has to be around $2000+. Just something to make note of.. it's nice being able to upgrade.. I learned how to do everything from pc tutorials as-well

I'm traveling alot so having a laptop is very crucial for me so there are quite a few options available.I know everybody loves mac's but the MBP line is going to have to be revamped because PC laptop companies like Dell & HP are selling i7 mobile processors that just out perform the MBP.Ive been researching and read alot of articles of i7 processors and other hardware upgrades were going to see in alot of laptops and there is just comparison between a core 2 duo processor and i7 processor and for us music guys it makes a huge difference.

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This laptop could also be Hackintoshed to run OS X... you can even run a vanilla kernel and be able to update and run Logic.

Not sure about the motherboard config, but you might even be able to dual boot if the BIOS are proper.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
So I've taken a look at them both up close and reading a lot of reviews..

Apparently the screen doesn't open up all the way.....which I don't like...

I wish it came with a 19" screen....

The Optical Drive is external ....which I love...

With digital music going more towards flash than actual disks....those drives are beginning to become obsolete.....still need the drives for software...But yeah...awesome stuff...Those laptops are very capable from what I've seen already....The soundcard is actually very good...and even good for games...

They are very loud laptops....definitely nothing close to inconspicuous.....You know when you have it on...sounds like a loud desktop...coming out of that lil thing.......

The laptops are good even at the price.....if you're looking for a powerful mobile pc....Definitely one of the best out in terms of specs......

Not sure of how it holds up after extended use....but I'll let you guys know when I find out...

misch

ill o.g.
hmm so most pc laptops are quad core, and apple is still runnin c 2 duos? i wanna snag a 13.3 macpro, anyone produce on a 13" inch screen? does it work or drive you nuts? i figure if im not out with it i can hook it up to my monitor but just curious how it is to sequence on something like that. seems like it would be a good idea to hold out for a quad chip though.

members online