Drake is Pop

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's what a lot of this stuff is today. It's funny because if someone says that today's Rap music is not Rap, others will try to defend it one way or another. It's possible it's still Rap but it's a completely far away deviation of what traditional Rap music is. You simply can't put Drake in the same category as Rakim, for example. We can break it down by era, decade, style, whatever but today's Rap music is nowhere what it used to be. It's completely different, and that's okay but I said this years ago that today's Rap should be called something else.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Most @Fade if not all music today is aural wallpaper. I’m not okay with the fact that “rappers” are moreso “hustlers, scammers, etc. pretending to “rap” just to “get a bag,” not that the prior eras didn’t have these same dudes, but God damned. But I’ma say nothing else and on my end just make some God damned music which is what I’m doing!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Dusty B blame the fact most music fans don’t know anything about music due to music education being somewhat elitist (think of those at Berklee, Juilliard aka Jailyard, etc.) as mainstream music ed is still entrenched in classical/Jazz from an edu view, nothing wrong w/the aforementioned genres except gatekeeping and schools such as the aforementioned not being honest to kids about how they may end up teaching wealthy kids whose parents probably use music lessons as a babysitter or, at worse, future employees asking “how do you like your frappa” at Starbucks

Last edited:
That's what a lot of this stuff is today. It's funny because if someone says that today's Rap music is not Rap, others will try to defend it one way or another. It's possible it's still Rap but it's a completely far away deviation of what traditional Rap music is. You simply can't put Drake in the same category as Rakim, for example. We can break it down by era, decade, style, whatever but today's Rap music is nowhere what it used to be. It's completely different, and that's okay but I said this years ago that today's Rap should be called something else.
depends on which version of drake we're talking about to be fair. current one; I agree with u on like 90% of his shit.