Drake to leave Young Money?!?!?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
This is really gonna hurt these east coast dudes....lol Peace out Drake...lmao

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sGvm-ShDks&feature=related"]Busta Rhymes Signs To Cash Money Records! - YouTube[/ame]

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Busta is still a beast, but at the twilight of his career. I respect Busta for all he's done for hip-hop. It's like the dude signing his final contract, a la Shaq to the Celtics.

And yes...we put hip-hop in the hands of people who could give a shit about the culture...blame them...not the artists who are looking to make hip-hop a career...

Mike Black

ManBitesDogRecords
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I agree, busta is still a beast..but why sign with these dudes? They don’t rep the culture man, it’s about money with these lames. I’m not feeling 1 artist on their roster. But I feel that’s on some sellout shit, kinda like Fat Joe. He went from being apart of 1 of the most respected groups in hip-hop (DITC) to makin pop tunes for radio. Enough ranting....just stating my opinion.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Agreed, but Busta has been all over the place throughout his career so I'm not surprised at this move. I don't think this is a good match for him, even in the video, I felt like there was some tension.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
why sign with these dudes? They don’t rep the culture man, it’s about money with these lames. I’m not feeling 1 artist on their roster. But I feel that’s on some sellout shit, kinda like Fat Joe. He went from being apart of 1 of the most respected groups in hip-hop (DITC) to makin pop tunes for radio. Enough ranting....just stating my opinion.

ha ha.....I told U! Damn I hate being right all the damn time!

Agreed, but Busta has been all over the place throughout his career so I'm not surprised at this move. I don't think this is a good match for him, even in the video, I felt like there was some tension.

Some people see and manufacture what's probably NOT there for self gratification.

If anything he knows once this is out he's going to catch HELL from the so called "protectors of hip hop"...

Gone do ya thang Bussa Bussa...two middle fingers to the haters! They don't walk in your shoes or assist in paying your bills. They'd rather see you broke and on dope than for you to have made this move. Busta is going to do Busta....lyrically nothing will change with him. I'm sure he established that b4 signing....music may change but not his overall style....I love it! I don't agree with everything Wayne an Baby stand for...hell I don't agree with everything my on flesh and blood stands for. It's called LIFE! Watch how many Busta songs you hear in the coming year..he'll probably be as hard working as Wayne was a few years ago. I expect to hear him on damn near every remix on the radio.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hip hop "culture" does not exist in the ghettos of america anymore...only in the minds of the suburban kids trying to be intellectually rebelious...

To me hip hop culture is what was going down in the 80's amd early 90's...when you could find people who participated in different elements ( lol remember those?! ) but now every dork in the hood wants to be a rapper pretending to be a d boy, so theres no room for the b boys...looks like they were right hip hop was a fad...rap music however, that shit aint goin nowhere.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Hahahahaaa,,,,,jews

Righteous brother righteous....we know how they move in society...they'll do what the have to do to get to where the want to go then "they bounce"....I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the head of one of one the Major labels one day...probably the one distributing YOUNG MONEY...LOL

Fred Knox

I've said it before, females turned rap soft. Drake makes this soft low pass filter on every beat music for lonely women who want a boyfriend. He already had a big following before he went with Young Money. I don't see this hurting him any. He already has the female fan base. He was probably getting tired of Slim and Baby taking his money haha you know soft ass Drake won't say anything either.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Well... Females purchase the records more than men do.

Females like the songs, they play them in clubs, men pay to get in them (most of the time women get in for free), and buy the females drinks.

Females run shit.... Sorry fellas...when it comes down to it.....Females dictate what we do....

Niggas don't drive bentleys and pop bottles in the club because it's the cool thing to do....they do that to get the pussy!!

If females weren't attracted to that...VIP would be a ghost town...

IF the music doesn't get played in the club/radio..it doesn't get bought on the shelves...

I'm referring to hip-hop culture...

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.

Females like the songs, they play them in clubs, men pay to get in them (most of the time women get in for free), and buy the females drinks.

Females run shit.... Sorry fellas...when it comes down to it.....Females dictate what we do....

Niggas don't drive bentleys and pop bottles in the club because it's the cool thing to do....they do that to get the pussy!!

IF the music doesn't get played in the club/radio..it doesn't get bought on the shelves...

See that's why I can put up with dude. Unlike some, this dude cuts thru the bullshit and tells it like it really is. What he said here is the bottom fukin' line, end of story, last train, and the last call for Alcohol.

Somebody shut this bitch down NOW.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
boi don't get that ass banned...the "funky fucks" care DUDE......lol

Luda wasn't only going at Drake in that song. His main focus was Big Sean. He also went in on Field Mob.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The worst thing about "today's" hip hop/rap is that one sector of it always thinks they know best. They have the ultimate definition of it. What it is, what isn't....what's real, what's fake. What you can do, what you can't do.

Hip Hop is a culture and rap is a genre of music that came from that culture. But guess what? You don't have to be rooted in the culture to do rap music. But of course that makes you fake huh? If so there's a gang of fake dudes in your circle and you might just be one of them.

I know a lot of people think they have the Hip Hop culture on lock. U eat,breath,shit and have sex with it. Rightttt, u may dwell in it at times but you damn sure don't live it 24/7 365. No one person owns it so no one person can claim it. It started here, evolved to there and will continue to evolve when we're all old and gray. It's nothing like it was when Herc and them were first recognized for it and that's not a bad thing. Had Hip Hop and Rap not evolved it wouldn't be here today. In my opinion if Hip Hop ever disappears it'll because of all this wanting to segregate it b.s. Divide and conquer...

I mean really....we got east coast minded dudes actually giving props to THE West Coast for bring something back to "hip hop" when that whole east coast west coast beef shit is what damn near brought it to it's knees...u gotta be kidding me. These are the same dudes that didn't respect or accept anything rap that didn't come out of NY back in the day but now that they're not at the top of the hip hop food they humble themselves.

You would think artist like Drake controlled the music industry....THEY DON'T. It's a bunch of old ancient pale skinned mf's who could give two shits about the culture so the resentment and anger should be aimed there way.

Amen brother..

Fred Knox

Pussy is powerful.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Let me say this then I'm done...lol

If u do music,spit lyrics,sing etc. etc. but you tend to clown various artist music that "are gettin it" in today's rap game. Meaning they have a fan base,move units and sell out shows etc.

Please don't have a music link and when I click that shhh it leaves me wondering, "wtf is this dude yappin bout. You couldn't sell T-shirts at the artist you clown concert, out back in a blizzard.

Please please please....especially if you think you're part of the "hip hop" elite....it's not a good look. Your music needs to help back up your feelings..lol

Yo!

You might either want to humble yourself, don't clown any artist music period until you can compete or

remove said link and fall back until you're as good or better than that artist..'um jus sayin'

Fred Knox

If u do music,spit lyrics,sing etc. etc. but you tend to clown various artist music that "are gettin it" in today's rap game. Meaning they have a fan base,move units and sell out shows etc.

Please don't have a music link and when I click that shhh it leaves me wondering, "wtf is this dude yappin bout. You couldn't sell T-shirts at the artist you clown concert, out back in a blizzard.

Please please please....especially if you think you're part of the "hip hop" elite....it's not a good look. Your music needs to help back up your feelings..lol

Yo!

You might either want to humble yourself, don't clown any artist music period until you can compete or

remove said link and fall back until you're as good or better than that artist..'um jus sayin'

LOL *See J Troup*