Dreaded clicks

Frankie_Lee

Beatmaker
So is this going to be a nightmare?
I’ve got a Circuit Rhythm > guitar pedal > scarlet 18i8 > usb hub > MPCOne and Im getting clicks when I record into the MPC sampler. Never noticed this before.

Do I just go through the chain and see what’s causing it or is it something obvious?

Frankie_Lee

Beatmaker
No clicks when playing. Only when I play it back. It’s definitely happening during the recording because the clicks occur exactly the same time.

My brief research suggests it might be with using the Scarlet as AU set to 32inputs. Might be a burden on the MPC apparently.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
No clicks when playing. Only when I play it back. It’s definitely happening during the recording because the clicks occur exactly the same time.

My brief research suggests it might be with using the Scarlet as AU set to 32inputs. Might be a burden on the MPC apparently.
Do you have like a single record or chops of it? If its chops then maybe try to go into LFO settings, crank up that amount and slightly increase the attack for the sample.

Frankie_Lee

Beatmaker
It seems to be the Scarlet AU. When I go straight into the MPC it’s fine. I suspect maybe I’m not using the gain control correctly. What’s best practice here? Should The signal into the Scarlet be pretty hot and I should keep the gain setting on the input low? I’ve been having the gain setting on the input at around 12 o’clock. Is that too high?

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Experiment with it. set it as low as possible, so you still hear something coming out and then slowly turn up to see when the cracking occurs.