Dre's Son found Dead...

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,410922,00.html

LOS ANGELES — Rapper and hip-hop producer Dr. Dre's 20-year-old son has died, a spokesperson for Dr. Dre said in a statement on Tuesday.

"Dr. Dre is mourning the loss of his son Andre Young Jr. Please respect his family's grief and privacy at this time," the spokesperson said.

Young Jr., who was named after his father, was found dead Saturday by his mother at their home in suburban Woodland Hills, county coroner's Lt. John Kades said.

An autopsy was performed Monday, but the cause of death wasn't likely to be determined for eight weeks while toxicology tests are done, Kades said.

Young was discovered in his bed at around 10:30 a.m. Saturday by his mother, who attempted to rouse him, the coroner's spokesperson told MTV News. Young was unresponsive, so she called paramedics, who responded to the scene. After their efforts to revive him failed, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

According to the coroner's spokesperson, Young had spent the previous evening with friends. His mother told police that he'd returned home Saturday at around 5:30 a.m., and that she'd heard him in his bedroom. Police said they did not suspect foul play.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-me-dreson27-2008aug27,0,3967959.story

Son of rap producer Dr. Dre found dead; Andre Young Jr. was 20
Young had been out with friends the night before his mother found him unresponsive. Determination of the cause of death has been deferred until test results are in.
By Andrew Blankstein, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
August 27, 2008
Rap impresario Dr. Dre's 20-year-old son was found dead over the weekend in his Woodland Hills home, coroner's officials said.

Andre R. Young Jr. had been out with friends the night before and was discovered in his bed by his mother at 10:24 a.m. Saturday, said Los Angeles County coroner's spokesman Ed Winter.

"She found him unresponsive and called paramedics," Winter said, adding that an autopsy had been completed but that determination of the cause of death was deferred pending the outcome of a "gamut of tests, including toxicology."

Andre Young Sr., professionally known as Dr. Dre, released a statement to AllHipHop.com on the death of his son, through a representative.

"Dr. Dre is mourning the loss of his son Andre Young Jr. Please respect his family's grief and privacy at this time," the representative told the website.

Over the last two decades, multi-platinum-selling record producer Dr. Dre has become one of the most epochal hitmakers in hip-hop. The Compton-born founder and chief executive of Aftermath Entertainment helped change the face of music by innovating the sound of gangsta rap with his incendiary group N.W.A. in the '80s.

But after stepping from the production booth into the limelight with his smash solo albums "The Chronic" (1992) and "The Chronic 2001" (1999) -- both odes to an industrial strength strain of indigenous California marijuana -- he elevated several of the current rap era's biggest stars from obscurity to superstardom. Among them: 50 Cent, Eminem, Snoop Dogg and Compton rapper the Game. Dr. Dre's music is also closely associated with the rise of slain gangsta rapper Tupac Shakur.

In recent months, Dr. Dre had been at work on his comeback album, "Detox," one of the most eagerly awaited rap records of the decade.

Damn...Thats terrible..
RIP

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
wooooooooooooooow. he was a decent producer too. RIP man.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Very very sad! Losing a child at that age has to be devastating. My prayers are with Dre and his family. I hope it wasn't drug related but knowing rich kids these days....it probably was something that his body couldn't handle. It would be better for his fam if it was and underlying medical condition.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
my fault, his other son is the producer.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
I couldn't imagine how much losing a child hurts. He'd have to be devastated; only 20, that sux. My uncle died at the age of 22 over 20 years ago. I don't think my Nan will ever get over it.

RIP

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
That blows. Like Drama said, I hope he didn't do too much drugs or something of that nature, I'm sure that kid could score just about anything you could think of.
Fuckin shame when people go out like that.

jawanza malik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Dats crazy the way things work...........
WE HAVEN'T HEARD FROM DRE IN A MIN, AND SOME OF DA 1ST NEWS WE HERE IS HIS SON DIED!!
AND DETOX IS FINALLY ON ITS WAY. NO ONE WANNA MAKE DA NEWS LIKE THIS. ........
STAY UP MR. YOUNG!!!!!!!!