Dropping Vocals

Rob-Les

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What up peeps!
Not sure if has been asked before, so my bad if it has.
What's the best way or what are your recommendations for dropping vocals on a track? I just produce as a hobby, but I have this cat that wants to spit some bars to one of my joints. Do you just give him a loop and let him spit and arrange later? Don't mean to sound dumb to this, but just looking to learn. Aight! One! Thanks!

T

ThE cRicKet

Yo..everybody is gonna do it different but what I do is finish the music breaks and all that way the conversation between my lyricist and the music is fluent and if there are some suttle changes to be made after the music is complete then so be it I change them then

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
You you guys say music breaks and break downs do you mean Mix Down?? Best thing to do is go to a studio but if you have the ability to do it at home then do it.....depending on what you're using you let him do his voals over the beat like these two said then go back and mix it down

C

Copenhagen

I set the length of my beat to fit the mc's lyrics, record his vocals, then adjust the beat if it needs to...like f.x. adding some drums, removing some drums whatever...then mix it.

HaZwaiOh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i give them a loop to record to.

In some lucky cases if we have enough time, we do
just some basic recording so that I have an acapella for me to work with. As soon as i got things arranged, breaks, sfx, hook etc. i get the mc to record a 2nd time, which is gonna be the final version. this is the way I love to do it, but most times it is not really working, because there´s not really time for 2 recording sessions.

If you have enough time and are into breaks, sfx and other stuff you should try this ...

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
I just make the song how i want it and let the my mc fill it in. we work together, i show him the track, he fills it in. or if he has some lyrics he wants to use specificly i work around that.