Drug enduced music

ill o.g.
usin drugs to create?

Anybody here use any typa drug to enhance their creativity when writin rymes or making beats? I know alotta people who say smokin weed helps em come up wit better floz but that never really helped me too much I jus spit jibs when i'm high. SO what typa high helps u all to come up with your shit if any, and what typa shit are u comin up with under that influence?

P

Push Play

sniff an ounce of crack and see what you come up with

C

Copenhagen

Music makes me high. The feel other songs I hear have, influences/inspires me to make my own version of that feel.
Otherwise, its just my mood. So no drugs for me...and weed just makes me fall asleep.

P

Push Play

was that guy 4real "Anybody here use any typa drug to enhance their creativity when writin rymes or making beats?"..."what typa shit are u comin up with under that influence"...
what a joke anybody with concerns like that is in the wrong bizness!! 4real, one

ill o.g.
Push play I read that aerosmith only wrote their songs while they were drunk and high of cocaine, and once they stopped doing drugs Steven tyler got on his tredmill every time he wrote to get his heart pumpin fast to simulate the feel of being high. I didn't start this thread to get ideas of what types of drugs to take to make a good song, like most artists i'm high on music. I just know that drugs alter your mindstate and i wanna see if some people use that to their advantage. Spare me of the negative comments because i don't care what you think, we're all friends here. OH yeah and i'm pretty sure i'm in the right bizness 4real.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Now now, play nice...

Most guys probably use this --> :smokin:

Usually I get high off coke before I sit down to bang out some tracks. Nothing like drinking some good 'ol coke. The new vanilla one is dope!

But seriously, I sometimes have a few Heinekens before I get down to business because I know it's gonna make me feel loose and it will most likely make me try new things (that didn't sound too good!). :alcoholic

X

XerXes

I know what my boy Split is sayin', no matter how much u choose to deny it, the music biz has such a huge percentage of drug use there is no sayin' what people are on when they make thier tracks, yo.....4real

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

I used to like staying up making a track, going to bed, then jumping out of bed immediately when the alarm went off to smoke a cigarette...while listening to my track loudly with headphones!

I got HIGH every morning this way from the headrush from jumping out of bed and the nicotine buzz, plus the cool music that was still a little foreign to me. In that state I was able to add a few things to the track that I wouldn't have been able to do the night before.

Yes, make sure that if you do do something when making your music, to check your stuff over while SOBER, you won't believe sometimes the ridiculous stuff that sounds good stoned.

Take care,

Nick

O

otniel-one

yes, it's got to be the vanilla coke!

honestly i hate working with people when they're drunken
or high. i've yet to hear an mc/producer who doesn't do his
thing better sober. i don't mind people relaxing with their
substance of choice AFTER the work is done but before
and during ... when people start forgetting what key they
were playing in and on which pads they set their samples
and their rapping is all slurred and becomes unintelligible
...i'm ready to call it a day.

P

Push Play

No i hear what u are saying Split, its just the way you came off so blunt in the beggining, had me wondering. I have worked with a few artist in the past or so called "artist" who would come in the studio and think it was all fun and games to just get blazed, and drink up a storm and make noise not music cause they can't hold it down, not realizing that this ish is a business, its all good for those who know how to handle their own. Just seen too many people waste their time. But all in all you seem pretty serious.
I guess it depends on what music industry you are in, see those rock guys can say all that to the press and its all good, but if someone in Hip Hop said that it's CONTREVERSY and EXPLICIT!