drum free music

• beat this! voting starts in...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i hope i didn't confuse anyone by the title of this thread. what i am looking for are genres of music that don't always have a lot of drums behind them. i don't like sampling stuff that has drums in it because i don't like layering drums over drums. that is probably something i should experiment with in the future but isn't what i am looking to do right now.

i also don't like trying to sample stuff that has a lot of vocals in it.

i'm guessing there is a lot of world music that is instrumental but i don't know where to start looking.

what kinds of music besides classical do you guys dig for besides r&b, blues, soul, rock and all that jazz?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i believe the quote is "Follow your nose, wherever it goes"

:-D

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the drums on jazz are very relaxed so u can cover them up no problem. the cymbals they use on jazz make a track sound nice anyway. duno why u would need that anyway because most producers just use a track with drums, eq the sample so the drums dont hit as hard, and then add their own drums. yezzir?

try sampling world music. music from all over the place. u can find some nice percussion, some asian and african traditional music.

EDIT:
from sample searching
to flute loops
to tucan sam
to robot chicken drug lords