Dual Monitor Setup

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
This isnt really a recording setup problem but more of a pc problem. I jus bought a new flats screen monitor. Im tryin to hook it up wehre i can have one desktop spread across both monitors. NOT da same dekstop on both monitors. I wana be able to expand my workspace onto each monitor. For example, draggin my mouse between both monitors. I bought some y cables but i dont think this is the proper way to do it. They jus put the same desktop on each monitor. I believe i need another graphics card or one with dual monitor jacks. Any help/suggestions ?????

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah man, i got dual moniters, it was real easy for me to set up, my graphics card has two jacks, one for the newer moniter cords and one for the old, all i needed was an adapter for the old to new again that way it had two outputs and that was easy as fuck, also there is probably software you can use to manipulate your dual moniter set up, i have an ATI card and I can use ATI CATALYST CONTROL CENTER to fuck with the settings, but you can also just do it with the display options on your windows desktop

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you will need a videocard with two outputs, there are some pretty cheap ones out there, since super high quality isnt that important if your mostly using it for making music.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yea ive got twin screen setup mine is like trbeats with a twin output videocard with one old and one new output and an adaptor !
however it might just be you need to set it up you need to go into you control panel display settings and you can change if you have the same thing on both or one thing spread across both etc !